Law School Discussion

2 LORS required for UCLA?

2 LORS required for UCLA?
« on: June 24, 2007, 09:38:12 PM »
I just realized that 2 LOR's are required for UCLA

I'm trying to transfer from a  T2 60-80 in the Midwest....3.73, prob between top 5-10 percent.

Problem: I only have one LOR, and its from a legal writing teacher. I didn't know they required 2 letters, and its way too late for me to get another one on this short notice (also...I didn't really consider transferring all that much until recently...but now i'm fairly set on it.....I didn't make much attempt to build relationships with profs, since i didn't suspect I'd need a recommendation anytime soon.)

Question: Is the fact that I only have 1 letter going to be fatal to my application at UCLA in lieu of my other numbers? Is anyone applying to UCLA who is in a similar predicament?

Also, I'm applying to GULC, NW, USC.....Are there any other places I have a reasonable shot at getting into? My main criteria are simply a great school that will allow me to practice pretty much anywhere. The school I'm at now is fairly regional, and I dont' feel particularly tied down to the region for any reason. Suggestions?

Re: 2 LORS required for UCLA?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 11:58:31 AM »
I don't know anything about UCLA but typically if a school requests 2 letters of rec., they want those 2 letters.  Your application packet will probably not go to complete and they will simply automatically reject you.  As far as getting the second letter, I requested one on short notice from a teacher and she was able to get it out in 2 days... If I were you, I'd give some teachers a "shout."