Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances For Admission  (Read 2097 times)

BLS Transfer

• View Profile
Chances For Admission
« on: June 23, 2007, 02:12:43 PM »
Hi.  Just wondering what everyone thinks my chances are.  Just finished 1L at Brooklyn Law School with GPA just over 3.4--I think it is about top 20%, though I don't know for sure.  I've applied to GULC, GW, GMU, and American.  Personal reasons to be in DC and good recommendations plus strong resume.  (Although I'm not sure they really care about that stuff...)  Thanks.

Bob Loblaw Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chances For Admission
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 03:53:39 PM »
GULC - Nope.
GW - Nope.
GMU - Maybe, but they do not take very many xfers.
AU - Maybe, they take quite a few transfers.

jman333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 06:40:06 PM »
im not sure if you have to go to DC since you only listed DC schools, but being in NYC, you might wanna try Fordham. Top 20% might be good enough for them. i think 38 people transfered there last year, dont know how many were accepted but it seems like a decent amount and you wouldnt really have to move

TDJD84

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 07:09:42 PM »
people need to stop asking others what their chances of getting into x school is.  Ultimately it is up to the admissions committee! If you want to know whether or not you will get in, there is only one way to find out... APPLY 8)

BLS Transfer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 08:34:10 AM »
people need to stop asking others what their chances of getting into x school is.  Ultimately it is up to the admissions committee! If you want to know whether or not you will get in, there is only one way to find out... APPLY 8)

TDJD:  Can you read?  I wrote that I have already applied.  Obviously it is ultimately up to the admissions committee.  That statement is asinine.  Did anything in my post indicate that I thought someone else was going to make the decision?  I merely asked what others though my chances were.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.  I have my own suspicions about my chances, but I purposely left them out of the post because I want other's opinions rather than affirmation or rejection of my own.  If you have a problem with people asking others about their chances for transfer admission, perhaps you should stay of the transfer threads...

jman: Thanks, but its about going to DC more than its about transferring. 

TDJD84

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 09:35:48 AM »
I fail see what somebody throwing out a yes, no, maybe so has to do with anything.  Yea you have a good chance at this school, you have a so-so chance at that school.  What is the point?  To help you sleep better at night or something? reaffirm your own hunch?  I have no problem with people asking.  However, you asked for an opinion, and I gave you mine. Asking a bunch of your peers what your chances at x school is asinine.   Either way, I wish you the best of luck with transferring.   :P

brightline

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 06:00:56 PM »
Agreed. Your chances are probably best at AU. If you really need to be in the DC area you might want to apply to Catholic and Maryland, though I'm not sure how many transfers they take.

Beyond that, if you are willing to live farther away from DC, but go to a school with decent DC placement, I would suggest William and Mary and/or Washington and Lee.

Good Luck.

GULC - Nope.
GW - Nope.
GMU - Maybe, but they do not take very many xfers.
AU - Maybe, they take quite a few transfers.

BLS Transfer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 01:29:46 AM »
I know and knew before posting that AU was probably my best shot.  What I didn't know was how few transfers GMU takes.  I also applied to Maryland shortly after op, though like GMU they take very few transfers (16 last year). 

As for why post this kind of question, it's simply a matter of nerves.  The uncertainty of not knowing where I will be going to school six weeks from now caused me to seek the best guesses of a mostly astute and educated group.  Honestly, even if GW or GULC are extreme long shots, its well worth $150 to me--for peace of mind, at the minimum.

Thanks very much to all who posted without unecessary nastiness.

BLS Transfer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 07:57:47 AM »
IN AT GW! 

challandler

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 11:01:21 AM »
IN AT GW! 

Congrats.  Seriously.  Let us know how GULC turns out.