Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOW GPA @ Big Firms  (Read 1274 times)

johnnycash

• View Profile
    • Email
LOW GPA @ Big Firms
« on: June 22, 2007, 02:25:21 PM »
I just found this interesting.  I am currently an SA at a V50 firm in Chicago.  I found out that two of my co-workers had GPA's in the 2.7-2.9 range.  They go to a decent T2 school.  I thought they were joking, until one of them showed me a copy of their transcript, when I called her out on in at her house.  I asked how could she get a job like this with a GPA like that, and she said cause she is hot (deff. one of the hottest blondes I ever saw).  Just wanted to share that.  Anyone else know of low GPA's at big firms?  I wonder if this SA slept with anyone to get the position...   :D

JohnDoe

• View Profile
Re: LOW GPA @ Big Firms
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 03:03:40 PM »
This is definitely true... I know at least 3 girls who got jobs they were otherwise "unqualified" for...

pappy13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 03:28:01 PM »
So where do all the hot blondes work?  Most of the female attorneys at BIGLAW I've seen are pretty busted. 

roygbiv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 03:35:17 PM »
I have no idea what their grades are but it is widely known that there is at least one 1st year associate and one summer associate at my firm who definitely got their jobs because they were connected.

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 03:39:29 PM »
I doubt it's her looks.  She probably has connections.  You shouldn't be suprised.  You should be focused on out performing them.  Don't believe your dealing with a dumb blond
I wanna be a gunner when I grow up.

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 03:54:16 PM »
I doubt it's her looks.  She probably has connections.  You shouldn't be suprised.  You should be focused on out performing them.  Don't believe your dealing with a dumb blond

Seconded - people sometimes think I'm a dumb blonde, and it puts me at a great advantage :-)

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 03:58:50 PM »

It's her looks. And it's worth it for the firm. Hot women distract opponents and win over jurors. They make for nice office furniture, too.

johnnycash

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 04:58:57 PM »

I didn't mean to say that she was a dumb blonde.  Just pointing out that a low GPA like that makes it really hard to land an SA job at one of the big shops.  More power to her for landing the job!

Suzieq830

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 01:35:29 AM »
hmmm gives me more incentive to get in shape this summer  :-*

challandler

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 01:00:09 PM »
hmmm gives me more incentive to get in shape this summer  :-*

As if you're not ridiculously hot enough already.  :-*