Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Opinions please: Indiana U-Bloomington (Full Ride) Vs. Wash U (10k per year)  (Read 1277 times)

hundred

• View Profile
    • Email
That was actually pretty funny...and I don't have a sense of humor.  I'd go full ride.  You'll maintain a 3.0.  I believe in you.

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
Residency is impossible to get at IU.  You have to basically move to Indiana and live there a year before applying, i.e. show that you moved to the state for reasons other that obtaining residency to go to IU.  Once you're classified out of state, there's really no changing it.

IU does not have sections, in that you don't take all your classes with the same group of people, outside of a small peer group (6-8 people).  And the Recorder's office does a pretty good job of making sure that the grade distributions balance out in the 1L schedule.  So if you have the hard Torts class, you'll have the easy Contracts class, etc.

lah05

• View Profile
IU does not have sections, in that you don't take all your classes with the same group of people, outside of a small peer group (6-8 people).

I don't completely agree with this.  I just finished 1L, and we had the same people in three out of four of my classes for the first semester.  The only class that differed was crim law, and that was because the summer starters had already taken it.  Second semester, two of our classes had a different group of people than our "section" from first semester, but we took those two classes with the same people.   

From what I could tell there wasn't an unfair distribution of students among the sections (i.e. no "stacking"), so this doesn't really much to the discussion.  It's possible that the set up was different for my class than it was for tacojohn's class.     
Attending:  Indiana University-Bloomington
Go Hoosiers!

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
IU does not have sections, in that you don't take all your classes with the same group of people, outside of a small peer group (6-8 people).

I don't completely agree with this.  I just finished 1L, and we had the same people in three out of four of my classes for the first semester.  The only class that differed was crim law, and that was because the summer starters had already taken it.  Second semester, two of our classes had a different group of people than our "section" from first semester, but we took those two classes with the same people.   

From what I could tell there wasn't an unfair distribution of students among the sections (i.e. no "stacking"), so this doesn't really much to the discussion.  It's possible that the set up was different for my class than it was for tacojohn's class.     

I'd like some math genius to come figure out the numbers, because I'm pretty sure you could see how significant having that fourth class is.  My class set up was virtually the same (although my schedule was a little screwed up as a summer starter).  I just don't see it as sections per se because you still have these chances to get a leg up on the people in the other three classes when you don't have to compete directly with them.