Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How long do transfer decisions usually take????  (Read 1955 times)

Phillyman14

• View Profile
How long do transfer decisions usually take????
« on: June 18, 2007, 06:45:01 PM »
Hi all: I was just wondering how long the average school takes to make a decision after they receive everything.  Is it usally only a week or so??  Also FYI i'm applying to Temple, Penn and Villanova, so if any of you transfered to these schools or have knowlege or personal experience concerning these schools please feel free to give me some input on them, like chances of transfer, amount they take etc. PS: It would be a lateral transfer for Temple and Villanova, but Penn I understand could be out of reach, but hey, it is always worth a shot, haha. Could any of these schools make a conditional decision while they wait for my ranking and or summer school grades?? I told them not to wait for my summer class grades unless they felt it necessary to make a decision. I'll be done this week with them anyway.

Also I believe everything has been sent into the school except my rank and letter of good standing. Which hopefully will be soon, although i do think my schoool is stonewalling me a bit on the ranking b/c they say that they want to wait for all the grades to come in, but my grades are all in and so is every other 1L, so they could do something, has any of you had the same issue with your school?? I asked the school to send in something if they can hypothsize my rank and then send in the exact one when they have the information available, I doubt they will be able to do that though.

Thanks for the advice and comments!!

hundred

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How long do transfer decisions usually take????
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 07:13:46 PM »
I've made a transfer and have some friends that have done the same...As always it depends on class rank and gpa

What is your GPA and what would you estimate your rank at?

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 07:50:33 PM »
I heard from all schools both acceptances and rejections between July 10-20 last year.

dk24

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 08:04:14 PM »
Phillyman,

I'm debating as to whether I should or should apply to Penn.  They won't tell me anything other than top 10%, which I am (barely) at St. Mary's (T4 Texas).  Do you know anything different?  Also what are your stats? (if you don't mind).  I also feel like they are way out of my league and the app + LSDAS is almost $100.

Phillyman14

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 08:05:45 PM »
I've made a transfer and have some friends that have done the same...As always it depends on class rank and gpa

What is your GPA and what would you estimate your rank at?

What are you talking about?? my lateral transfer question or the conditional acceptance question and are you talking from experience of any of the schools i'm applying to?? Thanks

Phillyman14

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 08:12:41 PM »
I heard from all schools both acceptances and rejections between July 10-20 last year.

Thank you!! that sounds pretty good. I would like to have some clue b/c of apartment rental issues, you know. haha.
Hopefully my school will hurry up with the ranking.. Has anyone ever heard of schools sending a what they think ranking and then later on giving a supplemental of the real ranking?? Also would a school condtionally accept me until my ranking comes in and/or if they feel the need to wait for my summer class grades b/c i'm studying abroad right now in Brazil.

PS dk24: sorry I haven't heard anything new about Penn.  Good luck though on your decision and applications. 

LegalMatters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 01:44:49 AM »
I swear when I looked at the Penn Web site a few months there was a page that stated the law school was not accepting transfer students. I'm also looking to transfer to a Philly area law school.

I wonder what the chances are of transferring from a T4 to T1 Penn...?

dk24

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 03:49:43 AM »
Where does it say that?

LegalMatters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 09:33:35 AM »
It doesn't now but I could have sworn it did. I posted before I went back to the Web site and searched for transfer criteria. It doesn't seem impossible, just really difficult. And really expensive, wow!

Phillyman14

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 11:43:24 PM »
It doesn't now but I could have sworn it did. I posted before I went back to the Web site and searched for transfer criteria. It doesn't seem impossible, just really difficult. And really expensive, wow!

Has anyone heard anything from Temple yet??