Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who's Going to Case???  (Read 2538 times)

Trav74

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Who's Going to Case???
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 06:23:09 PM »
Ok, so this is the first time I am posted a reply, so hopefully I do it right.  I am going to Case, even though I didn't get any money from them, and did at Syracuse.  I think the opportunities will be better through Case.  I too am a little worried about Cleveland, but I have heard good things.  I am coming from Washington state with my family (wife and two small children) and apparently there are a lot of family oriented activities there, and there has also been a lot of revitalization of the city.  We will be going there in May to buy a house, probably in Cleveland Heights or Shaker Heights.  I am excited.  Case was my last choice until I did more research on it, and then got accepted.  It sounds like the program is very good, friendly people, and it's also moving up the rankings.  Cleveland also has a great legal community if you plan to stick around.  While I never planned on living in Cleveland, I could be enticed to stay there if I find an exciting post-graduate opportunity.  Of course, I suppose I better see the place first before I say that.

Anyway, at least one Case 1L here.
going to Case Western

fliingdutchmn

• Sr. Citizen
  • You're a dirty bugger aren't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 01:12:33 AM »
If you aren't, why not?

Great campus, great city (some say 'delapidated,' I say 'character')...bad vibe from the students...financial aid is horrible to deal with.  If I go to a T2 school, I want service, damnit!  Otherwise, fuhget about it...Case closed

Eegahh

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - ifnumber34@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 01:24:29 AM »

Great campus, great city (some say 'delapidated,' I say 'character')...bad vibe from the students...financial aid is horrible to deal with.  If I go to a T2 school, I want service, damnit!  Otherwise, fuhget about it...Case closed

Well, technically they're a T1 now, if only barely at 49. 

And I'll likely wind up there.  I'm going to Cleveland this week to check it out, and unless I just really don't like it for some reason I'll be there in the fall.
Deposit down: Case Western
Waitlist....Ugh: W&M, Hastings (IN!!!! Whooo!)

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 09:14:07 AM »
Mistake by the Lake huh?  I haven't been to Cleveland yet, heading  there this weekend to check it out.  I'm from Buffalo, it can't be much worse.  I got my acceptance email on 03/25 and my scholarship email on 03/28, it's for $11k.  Still hoping to get off the Miami waitlist.

Hey I'm from Rochester!  I got 11K/year also and just sent in my seat deposit.  The funny thing is that I went to a bachelorette party in Cleveland and kept saying how it reminded me of Buffalo. So, if you like living in Buffalo, there is a good chance that Cleveland is right up your alley!

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2005, 08:01:59 AM »
I lived in Greece.  Went to Olympia High School.  What year did you graduate from RIT?  I have some friends that used to go there.  I also have a ton of family in Buffalo, what part are you from?

eloisa

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 11:25:18 AM »
I'm pretty sure I'm headed to Case in the fall!  I'm visiting Notre Dame tomorrow, but the financial aid from ND is nil.  Case offered me $24,000/year.  Plus, I'm from NE Ohio and would like to stay in the region after graduation.  I visited Case and thought everyone was quite friendly.  It might not be the "best" choice, but it's one I'm definitely comfortable with.

Case is looking pretty good...  Two more days to officially decide before the seat deposit deadline, I guess.

Stegs

• Motivation
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stegs007
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 11:51:07 AM »
Eloisa,

As a little kid I always wanted to go to Notre Dame, and am stuck in a similar situation.  It has to be very hard to for you give up $72,000 of tax-free cash to go to Notre Dame over Case.  But it appears you are making the rational decision by attending Case.

I was about 99.9% sure on Case until my University of Miami acceptance came on Monday.  Now I am weighing the pro's and con's of going to Case with money, or Miami with nothing.  I know I want to live in the South, I just fear I may be stuck in Ohio beyond graduation.  I can stand it for 3 years, but not forever.  I sent in my $150 deposit to buy myself some more time since all of my acceptances are all so recent.

I have a meeting with Case's Career Development Center on Friday, so hopefully she will provide some valuable information and not just a sales pitch.

Anyway, good luck with your decision and keep in touch here.  Seems like the trend on this board is to knock Case, it's good to see some positive feedback from others besides myself.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2005, 03:55:08 PM »
I am still waiting on my app (a last minute panic one) from Case, but I wanted to post in this thread to make sure I can find it later. 

Did anyone else decide to apply just because they liked how Case was portrayed on their website?  The "concentrations" and in-house clinic did it for me.

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2005, 04:22:45 PM »
Just when I thought things were final, it looks like Case is back on the map for me.  I still haven't made a final decision, but it looks like Case is back in the race!

daven8844x

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005, 04:29:26 PM »
I'm still having a very hard time deciding between Case and UHouston.
3.24/161

Attending: Case
Accepted: Case(12K),UH(withdraw),SLU(10K, withdraw),Mizzou(withdraw),Franklin Pierce(15K, withdraw).
Waitlisted: W&M(withdraw),Wake(withdraw),Wisconsin(withdraw), Pitt(declined),Temple(withdraw).
Denied: Too many