Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT 150 or lower.  (Read 3692 times)

just wondering

• View Profile
Re: LSAT 150 or lower.
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 08:58:23 AM »
Thanks.

Tex117

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 11:23:20 AM »
Just be very aware that if you do NOT do well in law school your job opportunities are going to be limited right out.

You are taking a gamble going to law school. 

Law Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 12:02:06 PM »
I had a 146 on my LSAT. However, I have a great work ethic and my UG grades totaled a whopping 3.8 GPA. I got into a T4 law school and am now, at the end of my 1L, at the top of my class, #9/560. Furthermore, I made law review and moot court. I'm trying to transfer to some higher schools now.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 03:28:09 PM »
I had a 146 on my LSAT. However, I have a great work ethic and my UG grades totaled a whopping 3.8 GPA. I got into a T4 law school and am now, at the end of my 1L, at the top of my class, #9/560. Furthermore, I made law review and moot court. I'm trying to transfer to some higher schools now.

How did you study for your LSAT?

Law Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 01:29:42 PM »
I bought all the prep books possible for the lsat. I just never figured out the logic games. i also didn't think a lot about the writing sample. i was always a good writer so i didn't prepare much for that. i think those 2 parts of the test killed my score. but then again, i was never a good standardized test score taker. i'm lucky to have done so well though. a lot of people encouraged me to retake the test but i knew my score wouldn't improve much AND i didn't want to waste 1 year instead of plunging into LS.

CU1989

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 01:43:42 PM »
I bought all the prep books possible for the lsat. I just never figured out the logic games. i also didn't think a lot about the writing sample. i was always a good writer so i didn't prepare much for that. i think those 2 parts of the test killed my score. but then again, i was never a good standardized test score taker. i'm lucky to have done so well though. a lot of people encouraged me to retake the test but i knew my score wouldn't improve much AND i didn't want to waste 1 year instead of plunging into LS.

Hmm...Writing sample is unscored, and I have heard most schools don't even look at it.  However, Logic Games can really make or break one's score. 

LVP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 08:02:32 AM »
Interesting....
Congrats to both of you - that's impressive. Do those of you with high LSAT scores (for your law schools) find any correlation to your level of success in law school? Or once you get in, does the LSAT prove not to be much of a predictor?

I had 178, am now ranked 1/230.  So, that seems like a correlation.  I am at a Tier 3 school.
Pizza is the reward, death is the risk.

#

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 08:21:41 AM »
You had a 178 and went to a Tier 3 school? Was this a financial consideration? It seems like you would be WELL above their LSAT range...

LVP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 05:28:58 PM »
You had a 178 and went to a Tier 3 school? Was this a financial consideration? It seems like you would be WELL above their LSAT range...
Location was the main consideration.  I am tied to mid-Michigan, so my choices were MSU and Cooley.  I considered the commute to U of M, but my LSAT score couldn't overcome my subpar UGPA, and I ended up on the waitlist, from which I withdrew.  There was a financial consideration as well - a full ride at MSU (or Cooley) compared to probably little or no money from a higher-ranked school.
Pizza is the reward, death is the risk.

#