Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT 150 or lower.  (Read 3419 times)

just wondering

• View Profile
LSAT 150 or lower.
« on: June 18, 2007, 12:30:33 AM »
So for those of you who scored around 150 on your LSAT how hard did you find law school?

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT 150 or lower.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 12:53:36 AM »
So for those of you who scored around 150 on your LSAT how hard did you find law school?

I had a 150, and so far, law school is not nearly as bad as people led me to believe; at least, in terms of substantive difficulty - the emotional part is another story, however.  Thankfully, I'm in the top third of my class and am on Law Review, so I'm living proof that a low score on the LSAT is not a death sentence.  Then again, maybe if I had actually taken some LSAT practice tests before the real thing, I would have had a better score. 

However, I did not take the LSAT seriously because I always planned on attending school in my home state, and the requirements for a home school are not overly stringent.

bobbykurva

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 09:31:20 AM »
I took the LSAT twice - both were sub 150 scores. I attend a T4 and finished 2nd in the evening division after 1L. I am now considering a transfer to a local T1.

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 09:37:39 AM »
Interesting....
Congrats to both of you - that's impressive. Do those of you with high LSAT scores (for your law schools) find any correlation to your level of success in law school? Or once you get in, does the LSAT prove not to be much of a predictor?

tortfeasor111

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 09:50:49 AM »

I had a 150, and so far, law school is not nearly as bad as people led me to believe; at least, in terms of substantive difficulty - the emotional part is another story, however.  Thankfully, I'm in the top third of my class and am on Law Review, so I'm living proof that a low score on the LSAT is not a death sentence.  Then again, maybe if I had actually taken some LSAT practice tests before the real thing, I would have had a better score. 

However, I did not take the LSAT seriously because I always planned on attending school in my home state, and the requirements for a home school are not overly stringent.

I'm not sure why you didn't take it seriously.  The higher your LSAT score, the more scholarship money a school would be willing to give you.

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 08:00:41 PM »

I'm not sure why you didn't take it seriously.  The higher your LSAT score, the more scholarship money a school would be willing to give you.

Heh, not at MY school.  I know people at my school who scored in the high 160's and didn't get JACK in terms of scholarship money. Besides, I'm working while going to law school so I don't have to worry about huge debt.  Plus I'm getting real-world experience, so I feel what I'm doing is better in the long run.

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 08:02:18 PM »
Interesting....
Congrats to both of you - that's impressive.

Thank you!   :D

dandlewood

• AOL Instant Messenger - bmojob
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 11:06:59 AM »
Heyo, Just thought I'd add my two cents. 
151 two times

Just goes to show 7 is my lucky number (1+5+1)

I'm going to a T4 School with a super harsh curve. Most students need to fall between a 2.3 to 2.7. As of now I'm in the top 50% with a 2.6.  Not stellar, I know, but Civ Pro destroyed me first semester.  Hope you found this useful!
Made: St Thomas, Florida Coastal
Kiss of Death:Miami, American, Rutgers, Villanova
Paying back the Loan Shark:
Pending: Nova, Widener, Temple, Florida State, Howard, Drexel, Dusquesne, Penn State

Bob Loblaw Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 01:02:38 PM »
low 150's on lsat, entered T2 law school in bottom 25% of class based on lsat/ugpa.  finished 1st year in top 15-20%.

emtjp1028

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 01:54:26 PM »
Although your choices will be limited with a 150 LSAT, I would not get bent out of shape.  I got a 152 on my LSAT and just finished my first year at a T4.  Yes, I know, T4 right?  Although it is a T4, many of my professors are admired in their fields and known to law schools abroad.  I finished my first semester with a 4.013 and I was first in my class.  After the second semster I dropped to second in my class.  I applied to a number of early transfer schools in T1 and high T2 and have had to turn down some.  Law school is what you make of it...