Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transferring w/ husband from T4  (Read 623 times)

epwn333

• View Profile
Transferring w/ husband from T4
« on: June 16, 2007, 03:51:49 PM »
Hi,

I am transferring from a T4 w/ my husband.  I have  4.0, and he has a 2.93 (top 20%).  I was just wondering if anyone knows whether the fact that we are transferring together is going to hurt or help us in admissions decisions.

(particularly at school such as Penn State, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Villanova)

Thanks!

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
Re: Transferring w/ husband from T4
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 09:37:21 AM »
I would recommend aiming at cities with multiple law schools.  You probably have the ability to go to a better school that your husband.  Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York would let you both apply to great schools, and let him apply to a few safety schools so that worst case scenario, he would be in the same city as you.

As far as hurting or helping.  If you make it clear that it is all or nothing, it helps him (the schools will want you) and hurts you (they might decide that you're not worth the tag-a-long) at the more selective schools.   If you don't make it clear, then it probably won't have any effect.  Might want to try approaching it both ways at different school.  Not trying to be harsh with my assessment, just pointing out that you might limit yourself by tying your scholastic fate to his.  I really think that considering different schools/same city might be a good option for you.