Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does LSAC.org process law school transcript?  (Read 1141 times)

Marcus2009

• View Profile
Does LSAC.org process law school transcript?
« on: June 13, 2007, 11:15:10 PM »
Should LS transcript be ordered for each school and sent directly to them or to LSAC like undergrad transcript?

drbuff123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Does LSAC.org process law school transcript?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 11:53:43 PM »
I sent my law school transcripts directly to the schools for which I am applying.

epwn333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 10:56:07 AM »
Yes, they will send your transcripts (but it doesn't show up it you click to view your academic summary report).  However, some schools require that you send transcripts directly to the admissions office.  It is probably faster to have your current law school send transcripts to each school directly.  If you have the transcripts sent to LSAC it usually takes them a little while to process it and then they send it, and the schools request a paper copy which takes about a week or so to get there. 

So, it is probably much better to have your law school send them out (even if your school charges you for each).  That way, they will be there in just a few days after your law school mails them.

Marcus2009

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 05:09:33 PM »
My school charges $5 per copy, what a female dog!  :'(

Marcus2009

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 11:20:52 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, I haven't been doing law school application for a while now.  I have filled out a few transfer applications, sent them electronically via LSAC.org and order LSDAS reports for them.  Wasn't there some kind of certification letter that we need to sign and send to the schools?  I don't remember whether that was for all schools or just for schools that require a separate signature.   ???

epwn333

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 11:03:27 AM »
Not all schools require a certification page mailed to them.  For some schools you can do the online certification by checking a little box. 

If the school required that the certification be mailed, it would not let you proceed to check-out until you clicked on the certification, and then on the certification window clicked "Printed and signed."  So, if you didn't print anything out for a particular school, and it let you proceed to check-out, the school didn't require a mailed certification (unless you managed to click on the certification link and then click printed and signed)

Marcus2009

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 06:26:40 PM »
Thanks, I was searching all over the place for a letter that I was supposed to sign. 

I intend to send my LS transcript to LSAC, now, on the website only my UG college is listed, and I looked all over their website and would not find ways to add my LS to the list of schools (must print out a "Transcript Request Form" before attempting to send transcripts to LSAC for processing).  If the school is not listed, then I cannot print out the form.  Do they not allow modification after the first registration????  ???

epwn333

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 12:32:45 PM »
You don't have to send a form with your law school transcripts.  (For some reason they don't put that on the website, I had to call them about that).  Just have your registrar's office send it to LSAC's address.

Chibundu

• Sr. Citizen
  • PrimeTime!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bunz
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 01:33:04 PM »
Why are some people going to use LSAC to apply to their transfer schools?
Bunz

SMU!!!!!

But still waiting to be called upon to be a Cougar-- UHLC

Law School 2007 Either Way!!!!

epwn333

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 02:12:10 PM »
Some schools require a LSDAS report and/or require that LORs come from LSAC.