Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is 2L really easier?  (Read 2986 times)

Strong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is 2L really easier?
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 08:16:56 AM »
At least at my school, very small classes of like 10 and under have no curve restrictions. If you can get into a class like that then you can have a shot at better grades.

Also I've heard, but not confirmed, that finding a class with mostly 3L's will put you one-step ahead since they are lazy.

christylove

• If you do not look, you will never see.
    • MSN Messenger - trulve@msn.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 05:57:23 PM »
I was wondering what anyone thinks about taking 5 courses in the fall of my second year.  I really screwed up in my second semester and am in desperate need of raising my gpa.  Would it be wise to take 4 classes instead of 5?  I might be working too. But unlike my second semester, I will be reading and outlining this time around to improve GPA.

I am going into my second year, I have 6 classes. Crim Law, Evidence and Con Law II are the real killers. In my opinion this is going to be harder than my first year. I don't think that anyone ever learns how to study in law school because what works for other classes does not work for all class subjects. This *&^% is hard. You need a good time schedule and a ton of PRAYER to make it through, in my opinion, it only gets easier when you are wearing your cap and gown...............cause at least then you know you made it out. ;D
ChristyLove

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 11:52:40 PM »
I was wondering what anyone thinks about taking 5 courses in the fall of my second year.  I really screwed up in my second semester and am in desperate need of raising my gpa.  Would it be wise to take 4 classes instead of 5?  I might be working too. But unlike my second semester, I will be reading and outlining this time around to improve GPA.

I am going into my second year, I have 6 classes. Crim Law, Evidence and Con Law II are the real killers. In my opinion this is going to be harder than my first year. I don't think that anyone ever learns how to study in law school because what works for other classes does not work for all class subjects. This *&^% is hard. You need a good time schedule and a ton of PRAYER to make it through, in my opinion, it only gets easier when you are wearing your cap and gown...............cause at least then you know you made it out. ;D
Unless you're taking the bar...there ain't nothing easy about that. It's everything you guys are discussing compacted into a 2-month (or less) period.

For the OP, there's two thoughts. One, if you want to raise your GPA, drop the number of classes. However, on the other hand, don't put too many to your 3L year because odds are good you will be lazy then and that won't help the GPA.

Louder Than Bombs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 11:09:35 AM »
5 classes is hard no matter which way you slice it. i took 5 classes this past semester (also trying to do well) and it was by far the toughest semester of law school (and i was a 3L). 2L is only 'easy' if you already have a job lined up and don't care if you get Bs. lots of kids who (a) didn't get jobs through oci, and (b) want to clerk will be studying hard. if you want to raise your gpa, look at grade distributions (if possible) and take the classes that give out the most As. also take seminars, etc.