Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Joint Degrees  (Read 3510 times)

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Joint Degrees
« on: June 08, 2007, 11:06:06 AM »
There seems to be little info on the DSL web site about the logistics of doing a joint degree program. Can anyone tell me more about how these work? Can you count a large number of courses towards both degrees? I'm particularly interested in the M.P.A. program.

psumike09

• View Profile
Re: Joint Degrees
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 09:02:17 PM »
The MPA is offered through Penn State Harrisburg. You must complete the first year of law school, then the "other" school will determine which classes are co-curricular. DSL allows 9 co-curricular hours through other graduate programs so there is help there.

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 11:31:56 AM »
So when do you apply for the joint degree program? Spring of 1L year?

psumike09

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 09:54:56 PM »
I think it really depends on which program you want to do. Because you want to do the MPA, you may be able to apply fairly close to the fall of your 2L year. There is a very strong joint degree organization program that will help guide you through the program. They will probably have a meeting in the first weeks of fall.

kilroy55

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Mad Rambling by Travis
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 12:50:39 PM »
The MPA is offered through Penn State Harrisburg. You must complete the first year of law school, then the "other" school will determine which classes are co-curricular. DSL allows 9 co-curricular hours through other graduate programs so there is help there.

If you are in UP, the joint degree program is not through PSU-Harrisburg, but rather through Smeal.  So many joint degree business people will transfer to the UP campus just to have the better business school programs found at Smeal.

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 12:56:02 PM »
Thanks - I'm looking at the Masters of Public Admin though, not the Masters of Business Admin.