Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What happens if I quit my 1L job  (Read 2003 times)

amityjo

• View Profile
Re: What happens if I quit my 1L job
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 04:58:59 PM »
This is one of the most idiotic posts I've seen on this message board.

1) If you "hate" this job, one where you are actually one of the few 1L students who get to do substantive legal work, I would question whether you really want to be a lawyer.
2) You just want to "relax" this summer? You sound like you're still in an undergrad mentality - knock it off. You're in law school, and to get even non-big law jobs, there's a lot of competition (especially coming out of a non-top tier school). Suck it up and start realizing that you have to make yourself as marketable as possible.
3) You decided to take a course and work at the same time. Consider it training for your 2L year, because 2L is a female dog. If you're on journal, you're going to have to get used to working as hard as you are right now.
4) You're getting paid. Most 1Ls don't get paid their first summer, so consider yourself lucky and stop bitching.

Good thing your not afraid of heights, with your pedestal being so high and all...

No pedestal - just intolerant of whiney, lazy idiots.

JohnDoe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 05:35:38 PM »
Amityjo you are intense. 

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 05:59:53 PM »
Y'all doin too much in this thread. All he was doin was asking for advice. Bein way too extra if u ask me

But im with the other posters, dont quit, stick it out. You can do it. Despite everything else that is and may have u feeling you cant

Nickledime85

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 08:59:04 PM »
I think that if you quit, you'll regret it. Try to stick it out and just remember that it's only 2 months.

I'm not in law school yet, but for some reason I don't expect to have a "fun" summer once I get there. In your position, I'd be psyched to make money as a 1 L.
University of Pittsburgh, Class of 2010 :-)

scarface

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 09:09:29 PM »

1) If you "hate" this job, one where you are actually one of the few 1L students who get to do substantive legal work, I would question whether you really want to be a lawyer.
2) You just want to "relax" this summer? You sound like you're still in an undergrad mentality - knock it off. You're in law school, and to get even non-big law jobs, there's a lot of competition (especially coming out of a non-top tier school). Suck it up and start realizing that you have to make yourself as marketable as possible.
3) You decided to take a course and work at the same time. Consider it training for your 2L year, because 2L is a female dog. If you're on journal, you're going to have to get used to working as hard as you are right now.
4) You're getting paid. Most 1Ls don't get paid their first summer, so consider yourself lucky and stop bitching.

Agreed!  OP need to man (or women) the fuk up.  You can do all the "relaxing" when you're dead  ;)   

JohnDoe

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 09:24:47 PM »
Y'all doin too much in this thread. All he was doin was asking for advice. Bein way too extra if u ask me

But im with the other posters, dont quit, stick it out. You can do it. Despite everything else that is and may have u feeling you cant

That was the only thing I was trying to ask in my original post... I wanted to know the consequences of quitting... based on the responses there will be consequences, so I guess I'll grind through the next 2 months... this is sad but I can't wait for summer to end and for fall semester to begin!

Sparkz1920

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 09:57:45 PM »

Good thing your not afraid of heights, with your pedestal being so high and all...

For real