Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Odds for Harvard, NYU, Stanford, Columbia?  (Read 723 times)

InRepair123

• View Profile
Odds for Harvard, NYU, Stanford, Columbia?
« on: June 06, 2007, 01:28:39 AM »
I have a 3.93 at Top50 (on a 3.0 forced curve). Several CALI Highest Grade Awards; Law Review; and lots of excellent work experience pre-law and great recommendation letters. 

Realistically, with a fairly weak UGPA (2.9), what are my odds transferring?  I'm assuming UGPA isn't too relevant in light of everything else, but ya never know.  My Rank will likely be in the Top 3-5 Students in the whole class.

Odds anyone?  Applied to Harvard; NYU; Stanford, and Columbia.

rider06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Odds for Harvard, NYU, Stanford, Columbia?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 01:43:11 AM »
I have a 3.93 at Top50 (on a 3.0 forced curve). Several CALI Highest Grade Awards; Law Review; and lots of excellent work experience pre-law and great recommendation letters. 

Realistically, with a fairly weak UGPA (2.9), what are my odds transferring?  I'm assuming UGPA isn't too relevant in light of everything else, but ya never know.  My Rank will likely be in the Top 3-5 Students in the whole class.

Odds anyone?  Applied to Harvard; NYU; Stanford, and Columbia.

I would stay where you are for many reasons, unless you really, really, want that Ivy league diploma on your wall.

nowako21

• View Profile
Re: Odds for Harvard, NYU, Stanford, Columbia?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 11:11:09 AM »
Check out the transfer board.  Harvard and Stanford are more difficult to transfer too because they say that in order to transfer, "you would have likely been accepted or waitlisted" had you applied the first time around.  NYU and Columbia are easier, in terms of top 5 schools and with your grades I would say you have a good shot.  Congrats on your success and goodluck.
Wall Street Player