Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any Chance at Columbia  (Read 725 times)

TrnsHpf

• View Profile
Any Chance at Columbia
« on: June 05, 2007, 01:27:19 PM »
Looking for some advice / opinions?

3.77 at Tulane -- not sure but I think that is probably top 3-5%.  Already in at G-town EA.  Do I have any chance at Columbia, I know they take a lot of kids, but they also get a ton of apps.  Not a great LSAT but a top 10% ugrad GPA from a top 25 if that matters to Columbia. 

Thanks for any thoughts.

lawchick09

• View Profile
Re: Any Chance at Columbia
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 01:37:28 PM »
You would need to provide more info like your actual LSAT score, whether you're a URM, work experience, extra curriculars, whether you're a non-trad, etc if you want to get any useful feedback on your chances. Your gpa alone doesn't help.

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 01:38:40 PM »
You should direct this question to the Pre-Law board. This is a board dealing with issues once you are in law school. Unless there is someone from Columbia on this board it won't be very helpful. I suggest going to Lawschoolnumbers.com and checking out their admission statistics from last year.

TrnsHpf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 02:37:11 PM »
You should direct this question to the Pre-Law board. This is a board dealing with issues once you are in law school. Unless there is someone from Columbia on this board it won't be very helpful. I suggest going to Lawschoolnumbers.com and checking out their admission statistics from last year.

it's a transfer question so I didn't think it really belonged in pre-law.

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 03:17:48 PM »
You're right. It is different. You should have specified that because admissions for transfers is sometimes more competitive/different than applying for 1L admission. I think there is a thread on transferring somewhere around here.

drbuff123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 03:43:08 PM »
You're right. It is different. You should have specified that because admissions for transfers is sometimes more competitive/different than applying for 1L admission. I think there is a thread on transferring somewhere around here.

Could you honestly not tell from his post that he is applying as a transfer student?

Bob Loblaw Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 04:28:30 PM »
You should direct this question to the Pre-Law board. This is a board dealing with issues once you are in law school.

lame.

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 04:52:15 PM »

Could you honestly not tell from his post that he is applying as a transfer student?

I thought his 3.77 was referring to his undergrad GPA since he mentioned LSAT soon after. Pre-Law has hundreds of threads on admissions so that's why I mistakenly directed him there.

What's the curve at your school? 4.0 or 4.33? If it is 4.0 then your GPA probably gets you a good shot of getting you in. I wonder if there is a Columbia transfer in here. Usually you have to be at the top 5% and since that seems to be where you are I wouldn't give up on Columbia yet.

Louder Than Bombs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 08:58:03 PM »

3.77 at Tulane -- not sure but I think that is probably top 3-5%.  Already in at G-town EA.  Do I have any chance at Columbia, I know they take a lot of kids, but they also get a ton of apps.  Not a great LSAT but a top 10% ugrad GPA from a top 25 if that matters to Columbia. 

Thanks for any thoughts.

you're golden. nice job, congrats...but go to nyu instead.

TrnsHpf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 09:54:36 AM »

Thanks for any thoughts.

you're golden. nice job, congrats...but go to nyu instead.

Why NYU over Columbia?