Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waiting for grades....  (Read 3156 times)

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Waiting for grades....
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 11:17:20 PM »
^^^We have a chart that gets updated when new grades are posted. Most of the higher level courses that 3Ls take are posted already. The chart hasn't been updated since Friday morning...so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a ploy to prevent transfers.

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 07:42:47 AM »
Temple holds all submitted grades for 1Ls until the last due date (30 days from last exam) and releases them in one big dump.  It's good and bad...prevents constant checking, avoids people freaking out about a single grade with little to put it in perspective...  It seems perhaps paternalistic, though.  I do know it's not related to workload; the things are submitted on scantron sheets!  Needless to say, most 1Ls at Temple have no grades yet. It's frustrating, but, "what you gonna do?"

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 10:18:09 AM »
i am in the same boat as the OP. My school gives out all the grades at once. I think they come out a week from friday. Since we have gotten our AP breif back i Know that I am most likely getting a C in Writing. I think that will be my lowest grade. It just sucks having to wait more than a month with nothing to go on but the knowledge that u made one C already
Attending: OU

JDSoulja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 12:33:13 PM »
You just need solidarity amongst the bottom 85% or more of your class demanding that rankings be done away with, or you will all leave and transfer to another school - together!  Schools that do not rank are essentially saying: regardless of what our students' grades are, you should be happy to hire them.  Any of them!  Underlings unite!

yvyty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 03:41:05 PM »
Mine are finally all in. Quick question: Is class rank now calculated by the entire year's grades (1L) or just the past semester? Obviously it may be different from school to school, but what's the norm?

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 07:15:30 PM »
Still waiting for grades...friend might be facing a academic disqualification because she got two failing grades (c-) her first semester. I am pins and needles more for her than myself. 3 more grades to go.

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 07:51:38 PM »
Mine are finally all in. Quick question: Is class rank now calculated by the entire year's grades (1L) or just the past semester? Obviously it may be different from school to school, but what's the norm?

Rank is usually calculated by the entire year's grades, and every year thereafter, your rank is based on your cumulative GPA.

eli250

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 11:12:42 AM »
Our school requires grades to be in within 30 days of the last final exam.  Only one of my grades is still out (there's a way to tell through our website, even though they haven't released the grades yet.) and its legal methods, which was turned in April 12th.  I think they take so long so as to screw up those who want to transfer.  Friggin ridiculous.

My school requires this as well, though the profs regularly break that rule.

eagertransfer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 11:46:12 PM »
We're still waiting at Southwestern as well. Our grades are due 5 weeks after each exam, so technically, I may have another entire week of torture before we get the rest of our grades. (I have two and am waiting on 3 more).

PS. I am not letting the unavailability of grades stop me from sending in my transfer applications. All the schools I am applying to say they will take transcripts after the deadline. It just means I won't get a decision for longer.

Good luck to everyone!

Strong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 06:08:08 PM »
Today was the hard deadline and all the professors met it. Astonishing if you ask me. The best were the LR&W prof's who had since Feb. 14th to grade briefs and turned their grades in on the last day.

Edit: spelling