Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waiting for grades....  (Read 3174 times)

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Waiting for grades....
« on: June 05, 2007, 11:31:21 AM »
I figured I'd start a thread on this since I know I am not the only one in purgatory here.

Only one grade so far- C in Legal Writing. I saw that coming, professor disliked my writing but could never tell me specifically what I was doing wrong or how to fix it...it was like groping in the dark.

Anyone else waiting?

drbuff123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Waiting for grades....
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 11:47:19 AM »
Does your school not have a final grade date?  All mine were due June 1st.

Law9486

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 11:49:03 AM »
Do most schools release grades one at a time? Ours get held and then released all at once (for 1L.)

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 11:54:03 AM »
I thought mine got released all at once. That's the way it worked first semester. But I just received all of my grades except for one yesterday. That's probably because they're having a hard time figuring out how to rank my A++ on the curve - Should they just treat it the same as an "A" or give me the "A" and give everyone else "C's" because I'm so awesome?

lawchick09

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 12:14:13 PM »
I'm checking for my grades about 20 times a day. I only received one so far and I'm stuck waiting for the other 5. Rumor has it, from upperclassmen, that I won't be seeing all of my grades til the end of JULY!!! How do schools get away with that crap especially when students are looking to transfer out? Utterly ridiculous.

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 01:01:36 PM »
My school releases them one at a time. I think the latest due date is Jun. 17th but professors are already late in handing in grades. I am on pins and needles! With my C I'm hoping my other grades are better and can pull it up. But finals were really crazy this semester so I have no idea how I did.

lawmama09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 04:47:29 PM »
I just got my last grade today. I had my first one on May 8, four days after that particular exam (it was all multiple choice). We get them in drips and drabs, first they get posted in the basement of the law school (totally helpful in summer, eh?) and then they show up online a few days later. It's really frustrating! Last semester we didn't get our torts grades until well into the spring semester.

Weezer1223

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 08:12:52 PM »
I'm still waiting for my property grade. I think it's going to be a while before we get it. I professor never finished grading our midterms, despite having two months to do so.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 09:07:56 PM »
Our school requires grades to be in within 30 days of the last final exam.  Only one of my grades is still out (there's a way to tell through our website, even though they haven't released the grades yet.) and its legal methods, which was turned in April 12th.  I think they take so long so as to screw up those who want to transfer.  Friggin ridiculous.

Buddy Holly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 09:14:22 PM »
Our school requires grades to be in within 30 days of the last final exam.  Only one of my grades is still out (there's a way to tell through our website, even though they haven't released the grades yet.) and its legal methods, which was turned in April 12th.  I think they take so long so as to screw up those who want to transfer.  Friggin ridiculous.

That's actually not a bad strategy for schools to use.