Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tips for balancing part-time work and summer class?  (Read 512 times)

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Tips for balancing part-time work and summer class?
« on: June 05, 2007, 12:12:52 AM »
Hey,
I am taking Advocacy this summer as well as doing part-time work as a research assistant for my professor. I am still somewhat fried from exams so this week it has been hard for me to get the gears started again. Any tips for balancing summer class and work? I also want to have much more free time during the summer with my S.O. Is that possible. Any reply would be welcome.  :)

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tips for balancing part-time work and summer class?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 11:28:59 AM »
So no tips? Well here is a little more info. My part-time job doesn't have any set hours, just whenever I can get the work done for her. So the problem I'm having is setting myself up w/ a schedule that is tolerable during the summer. Should I save Advocacy for the weekend? Split work and advocacy during the week?

lawstudent007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 11:59:59 AM »
I work full-time and take 2 summer classes.  My advice:  stop whining!

lawchick09

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 12:07:15 PM »
I work full-time and take 2 summer classes.  My advice:  stop whining!

Even though this was a bit on the harsh side titcr. I'm working a full time job, taking a summer class, and working a part time job on the weekends. Believe me, your plate is light with only part time work (where you make your own hours it seems) and a summer class. It is possible to do both and still spend time with the SO- only you know what you're capable of in terms of devoting a set amount of time for each activity. Just put yourself on a schedule and follow it- i.e. part time work in the am, advocacy in the afernoon, and time with the SO during the evenings and weekends using whatever excess time on the weekend to do leftover advocacy/part-time work. Good luck.

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 01:08:54 PM »
What was titcr mean?

I was trying to ask for advice not whine 007. I was just wondering if anyone else had an amorphous schedule like mine and how they are scheduling. I know my plate is light {maybe should not have said tolerable} I didn't mean to come off as complaining, just asking for advice. You schedule seems like a good idea lawchick, I think I will stick with something similar.

lawchick09

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 01:25:39 PM »
What was titcr mean?

I was trying to ask for advice not whine 007. I was just wondering if anyone else had an amorphous schedule like mine and how they are scheduling. I know my plate is light {maybe should not have said tolerable} I didn't mean to come off as complaining, just asking for advice. You schedule seems like a good idea lawchick, I think I will stick with something similar.

titcr= this is the credited response

Glad I could be of some help.