Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Getting ready...  (Read 4605 times)

rugercaptain

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shirley, Probie, & Sarah--gone to Rainbow Bridge.
    • View Profile
Getting ready...
« on: June 01, 2007, 05:21:15 PM »
Ten weeks until I move into on-campus housing at Viking Hall.  Cripes, I didn't live in a dorm during UG!  Now I'm gonna do so at 46???  Just glad I have a bathroom in my room!   :D

Seriously, the gravity of my decision is starting to hit me.  Got the laptop, the book bag (camo and from Cabela's, of course) and the office supplies.  I feel like I should look over my shoulder to see Mom waving me off to school...

But she's been dead for 32 years, I'm an adult (I think) and this is gonna be an expensive three years of school.  Makes me wanna drink another fifty-blue million beers... :o
Cleveland-Marshall 3L.

bags

• View Profile
Re: Getting ready...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 12:37:28 PM »
I too have been getting ready a little bit. Basically whenever I see an awesome sale on stuff I need I am picking it up. I'm thinking lsders should head to Becky's (it's a bar near the law school) during orientation week.

rugercaptain

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shirley, Probie, & Sarah--gone to Rainbow Bridge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 10:22:42 PM »
I'm thinking lsders should head to Becky's (it's a bar near the law school) during orientation week.

Visited the law school on Wednesday--nice library with lots of light and places to study.  Euclid Ave is all torn up--the City is widening it to two lanes in each direction with a middle lane for a dedicated transit from downtown (Public Square?) to University Circle (near Case and the museums).  Driving on Euclid looks like a nightmare right now.

I could have a beer or two at Becky's--I hear Thursday is law students' night.  I just have to remember that I can't drink like I'm still in my 20's...   :D
Cleveland-Marshall 3L.

CSU

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 08:45:45 PM »
Forget Euclid. There's no need to drive on that road. Plenty of parallel streets.

bags

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 10:17:03 AM »
I agree with CSU avoid Euclid, chester is best, esp with traffic flow and the lights are decent.

guizot

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 06:04:33 PM »
Rugercaptain,

You may find dorm life rather restrictive.  I tried it at Ohio U 19 years ago as a 32 year-old grad student and it was worse than at my undergrad school in the blessed liberal 70s.  The administration gave me no trouble about letting me out of my housing contract, though.  I got to know plenty of stimulating younger folk living off campus, which is where I suspect you will soon want to be.

At least you know won't be the oldest 1L at Cleveland-Marshall.