Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Big Debt - Little Results  (Read 3486 times)

sjminflorida

• View Profile
    • Email
Big Debt - Little Results
« on: May 31, 2007, 08:13:42 PM »
Read the report at www.eyeonnova.org

galex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Big Debt - Little Results
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 08:57:41 PM »
Um, thanks Steve.  Do you feel that the union's negative advertising has had an effect on NSU's image/admissions?  When did this campaign start?  I'm not sure that the information provided will really be news to incoming law students, but it's an interesting tactic. 

sjminflorida

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Big Debt - Little Results
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 03:48:37 PM »
A few things are think are important to all incoming students, first of all US News and Reports has stated that Nova ranks in the top 10% in the nation with undergratuate Debt, but is a 4th tier university, in other words ranked in the bottom 25%.  Why would a student want to go to this university and spend that much more for a college that provides a below par education.  Also only 48% of the students that took the bar exam last February passed.  What does that say about Nova?  So I do feel this information is very informative to a student thinking about enrolling in a university.  Are you getting what you pay for?

This fight has been going on for 1 1/2 years and still going on.  Another fact is that the Florida Attorney General is investigating Nova's student loan pratices and I personally know of one person from Nova that was interviewed by Florida"s Fraud Task Unit.