Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Syracuse Law insight/attrition?  (Read 4220 times)

suh6

• View Profile
Syracuse Law insight/attrition?
« on: May 31, 2007, 01:45:22 AM »
Just got accepted into Syracuse off the waitlist... any current students have any opinions about it? Unfortunately, I havent heard many positive things. Mostly nuetral or negative.

How about the attrition rate... LSAC data indicates 5 ppl booted for "academic" reasons. does this sound right or is it much more? and do they weed out 1Ls?

mizzmj

• View Profile
Re: Syracuse Law insight/attrition?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 12:29:42 AM »
I dont think they weed out 1Ls. 

From what I've been told, by former 2Ls, 3Ls, and graduates, attrition is pretty low.  Dismissal is considered after two consecutive semesters of sub par work, and even then, if certain requirements are met a person may petition for probation.

Cuse2L

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Syracuse Law insight/attrition?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 02:59:33 PM »
I am class of 09' at Syracuse.  In my opinion, the school is fine, the city is the problem.  The city of Syracuse is incredibly ghetto, and can be a bit depressing.  Other than that, I have had a few professors that suck, but I am sure you will get that any other comparable school.  The attrition rate from what I have seen is probably typical for any other tier 2 / 3 law school, a few bums will drop out, but it's really nothing to worry about as long as you actually do the work and prepare for the finals.