Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do you use MySpace and/or Facebook...do you ever worry about employers searching  (Read 2051 times)

pistolpete23

• View Profile

You can rationalize it any way you want, but you're still a bunch of cowards.  Well, I guess that's a given for any aspiring corporate whore. Pardon the hyperbole you godless opportunists. 

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile

You can rationalize it any way you want, but you're still a bunch of cowards.  Well, I guess that's a given for any aspiring corporate whore. Pardon the hyperbole you godless opportunists. 

That's slander,  what's your real name?
I wanna be a gunner when I grow up.

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
Setting accounts to private and using fake names for the registration is a good way to make sure you're not found.  Changing your identifying features like age is a good idea, and not using your photo for your the main profile photo is also a good way to stay private.

Alternately, don't put up anything that you'd be embarrassed to have published.

But where's the fun in that?
Damn it how do I get my photo off this site

lawchick09

• View Profile

it's actually libel, but i digress.. ;)

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile

it's actually libel, but i digress.. ;)
Hey, I'm an 0L and haven't had a law class since UG in 94-98.  I new I was on to something though. 

rider06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
just live a simple life, free of anything that will bring you down.  that way, you don't have to live a schizophrenic life. 

what i mean is, if you have to hide stuff from your employer, the problem isn't the employer finding out; the problem is the stuff you're hiding.

kilroy55

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Mad Rambling by Travis
I have one, but I never put anything on there than could be inappropriate.  I do have on there that I am a Red Sox fan, which I guess if I were applying to some NY firms that could be a problem.  It is best to give yourself a positive image.  For instance, I wouldn't mention the time you puked all over the deans car or something that like that. 

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
just live a simple life, free of anything that will bring you down.  that way, you don't have to live a schizophrenic life. 

what i mean is, if you have to hide stuff from your employer, the problem isn't the employer finding out; the problem is the stuff you're hiding.
Right.  Whacha smokin'?

pistolpete23

• View Profile

i believe that my statement is legally protected as it is partly satire

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile

i believe that my statement is legally protected as it is partly satire
:-\ Didn't work for Imus...