School Specific Boards > Temple

Laptops

(1/5) > >>

PhilaGirl:
I just wanted to let everyone know, in case you're planning to buy a new computer, that Temple recommends us to stay with XP.  The specs aren't up on the website yet, but the woman I corresponded with said that while Vista will work for regular classroom stuff, if your computer has a problem during an exam and you're running Vista, they won't be able to help you.  She said you may be able to handwrite the remainder of the exam if you have time left, but from the sounds of it, if the problem happens at the end of the exam, you're pretty much SOL.

I think I'm getting my new computer pretty soon (probably before they post the official recommendations), which is why I asked them.  But I think this is pretty important to know sooner than July!

likewise:
I'm a current Temple Law student. STAY W/ XP!!!!!!!  A friend had to buy a laptop in the middle of the Spring semester and Vista was incompatible w/ large portions of the schools wireless network AND examsoft.  I'm pretty sure that Dell (maybe others) still offers to build machines w/ XP if you ask.

wooshi23:

--- Quote from: likewise on May 23, 2007, 08:24:25 PM ---I'm a current Temple Law student. STAY W/ XP!!!!!!!  A friend had to buy a laptop in the middle of the Spring semester and Vista was incompatible w/ large portions of the schools wireless network AND examsoft.  I'm pretty sure that Dell (maybe others) still offers to build machines w/ XP if you ask.

--- End quote ---

do you know if one would have to call dell to do that? I was just on the website and unless I'm a bit stupid (an entirely possible thing btw) there was no xp option when I went to make my laptop.

I'm just really pissed about not being able to use my mac though. I just got this thing last fall.....  >:(

yvyty:
wooshi> use Bootcamp to boot into windows when you have to take the exam. Macs will work just fine for everything else.

likewise:
Here's the xp laptop link:  http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/winxp_inspn?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version