Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where to live?  (Read 4252 times)

stj0L

• View Profile
Where to live?
« on: May 17, 2007, 06:51:10 PM »
I'll be a 1L at St. John's in the fall. Where are other students planning on living? Are there any apartments near campus (walking distance) that a lot of law students usually live?

NYnumba5

• View Profile
Re: Where to live?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 12:13:11 AM »
im not sure where i am going to live yet. looking for roomates?

NextL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 08:54:53 AM »
Have you tried calling the school?  Call them and ask about close and safe neighborhoods and then check out apartments on craigslist.

ctbeins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 09:37:44 PM »
I will be living in the off campus grad housing next fall (the Depaul houses).  However, THere is already a waitlist for these houses.  Im wondering if there are any current ST. J students who know how living this housing has worked out for them.   How do they look?  How big are the bedrooms?  what is the general living expereince?

NYnumba5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 02:50:24 AM »
personally i think it is way over priced and not really worth it. if you have 2 other roomates and get an apartment by yourselves i think rent would look like something around 700 per month and thats being generous, and to my knowedge the off campus is housing is what 12,000 for the year? its like an extra 4 grand at the end of the year. So  unless i'm wrong about the price of the off campus housing doent seem worth it to me.

NYnumba5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 11:49:23 PM »
anyhow is anyone here looking for roomates? or know how to possibly link up with students to be attending st. jonhs in the fall

MiMi2007

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 06:26:20 PM »
I'll also be a 1L in the fall, and I've been looking at apartments on craigslist since like Feb. Most of the housing pretty much requires a roommate to afford it but from the pictures they are nice looking. Is anyone here looking for roomates? Cuz I need one. I'll be in NY next week if you want to meet and look around.