School Specific Boards > Temple

So where are people living? Where are the best places to live?

(1/4) > >>

Barbie22:
Im not a philly native, so im looking to see if anyone who knows the area would know what the best places to live would be.  It looks like the best places to live will be in the Center City area.  However, most all studios are at least 800 not including uttilities!!!!! 

Ideally id like to live by myself, but due to the cost, this seems impossible.  I wouldnt mind living with maybe 2 others max.  So whats the best area for law students that is affordable, is close to the tube, and might even have parking? 

Also, post up other living suggestions if you have them.

Temple Gator:
Another really suburban, pleasant locale is Ambler, PA, just to the north of Philly. There's even a very nice Temple campus up there. I think you could use their facilities if you wanted, for weekend recreation, for example.

Rents are pretty low in Ambler, and it really is a quaint, small town.

Temple Gator:
My wife and I found some surprisingly affordable, nice, two-bedroom apartments in East Falls, Mount Airy, and Chestnut Hill. All those neighborhoods have convenient SEPTA rail stations. There are other good neighborhoods in this area (Northwest) also.

We chose an apartment in Chestnut Hill, one block from the train station. It's one of the nicest communities in greater Philadelphia. But, if you're renting, and don't mind a 20 or 30 minute train ride to campus, it can be affordable.

cmickey:

--- Quote from: Gator37 on May 15, 2007, 06:20:47 AM ---Another really suburban, pleasant locale is Ambler, PA, just to the north of Philly. There's even a very nice Temple campus up there. I think you could use their facilities if you wanted, for weekend recreation, for example.

Rents are pretty low in Ambler, and it really is a quaint, small town.

--- End quote ---

i grew up (ie. went to high school) in Ambler, very nice small town, good restaraunts and bars... however. there is not much in the way of housing.

wooshi23:
well I guess I am alone in being totally unwilling to live in the suburbs, lol....

if you are willing to have roomates you should have a hard time finding something for $600ish a month per person somewhere in center city either.

i just did a quick searchy for three+ bedrooms on craigslist and found a a fair amount of stuff (quite a bit of it in manayunk though.)

the one I posted a link to below is super cheap, no idea what shape its in inside though, but I do know a lot of people who rented from that company while I was at drexel and their apartments, while not great, were totally liveable:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/apa/330797408.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version