Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Attention Widener DE-Class of 2010  (Read 10833 times)

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
Attention Widener DE-Class of 2010
« on: May 07, 2007, 11:36:07 PM »
I am currently finishing my first year at Widener and would like to welcome you to our school.  I think that you'll find that you made the right choice in coming to our school.  As such, I would like to offer you guys all of my first year supplements.  I have all of your first year classes and am willing to sell all of them at $20 per supplement, which is much cheaper than on Amazon, the Bookstore or lawbooks for less.  If you're interested, please feel free to send me a personal message and we can arrange something.

Also, for first semester I had Ray for Civ Pro, Maatman for Torts, Kelly for Property I and Robinson for Methods.  If you need class notes, please feel free and I'll be happy to e-mail them to you.

Good Luck and congratulations

Kay0014

• View Profile
Re: Attention Widener DE-Class of 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »
Which ones are you selling?

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 05:24:28 PM »
I have emanuel's complete first year series outlines; E&E for Civ Pro, Torts, Property, Contracts, Crim Law; Q&A practice exam questions for all of those classes and Flash Cards for those classes.  I really just want to get rid of the stuff, so price is $20 per item.

As a side note, let me know who you have for civ pro, torts and property and, if I had them, I'll give you my notes for free.

Kay0014

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 05:49:45 PM »
I would be interested in the examples and explanations. Did you find these useful? As of now I do not have any informtion on who I will have for classes in the fall. Could you pm with detail about how you would like to get paid for them, and how I would get a hold of the materials from you.

Lovely_38

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 10:55:03 AM »
Hello,
 I would like your materials. I will be staying in Concord Hall this summer. I have
Torts-Kathleen Turezyn

I don't know who my Civil Pro or Legal Method Teachers Are

I would love your notes. You can email them to S.Karimah.Stallworth@gmail.com

I am in tap program. Do you know anyone who was in this program last year who may have notes or insight.

Thank a mill..
Congrats on becoming a 2L.

JohnnyAwesome

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »
I had Turezyn for Torts, and I know people who have had Maatman. Do not use Maatman's full time Torts notes for Turezyn's class. It's a very very bad idea. I wouldn't even suggest using any one who had the class full time i.e. not TAP, because they are likely to go into much more detail in a full time class then you would be responsible to know. Use the commercial outlines but I would strongly advise against using another full time students notes for TAP.

dandlewood

• AOL Instant Messenger - bmojob
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »
Prof. T. is a great Torts teacher.  She has a great command of the class and gets everyone involved.  Bring her Chocolate and she will love you forever.

Also, to all you incoming 1L's, remember to take advantage of that 5 minutes post class to ask prof's questions. it's a good time to clear up ambiguities and every teacher I've had for 1L has been great about sticking around for a couple minutes to answer questions. 
Made: St Thomas, Florida Coastal
Kiss of Death:Miami, American, Rutgers, Villanova
Paying back the Loan Shark:
Pending: Nova, Widener, Temple, Florida State, Howard, Drexel, Dusquesne, Penn State

JohnnyAwesome

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 08:51:43 PM »
I don't know about doing that too often, asking questions after every class. I would say once in a while it's okay, you're probably better off just emailing them or going to there office hours. It can be really frustrating for your colleagues who just want to ask something quick once or twice a semester to have the same guy asking questions for 10 minutes after every class. But it's a lot better than asking a question with 30 seconds left to go. Don't do that, people will hate you for it.

dandlewood

• AOL Instant Messenger - bmojob
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 01:06:37 PM »
I didn't mean they should do it every class, but rather that they shouldn't be afraid to do it. 
Made: St Thomas, Florida Coastal
Kiss of Death:Miami, American, Rutgers, Villanova
Paying back the Loan Shark:
Pending: Nova, Widener, Temple, Florida State, Howard, Drexel, Dusquesne, Penn State

Finally

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 04:13:09 PM »
I'm at 3L, finishing up in December and here are my thoughts on Widener. Some may apply and some may not...

1. Don't freak out during Civ Pro. 95% of the class will have no clue what is going on throughout the semester. Just wait and everything will click in November. Get Glannon's E and E and read it at the same time with the assignments. Don't worry about outlining early. BarBri will have a lecture in Nov and you must go to that! You will do your outline during this lecture. My prof isn't teaching it this year. Also, your final will most likely be open notes or at least open book. I could bring anything in I wanted for mine.

2. Torts- I checked the schedule and luckily all the professors are good. Culhane has the rep of being one of Widener's best, but I never had him. I had Turezyn who takes some getting used to, but is also really good. She requires you to read 30 pages ahead for class. She has certain people that she will always call on (mostly guys) for her demonstrations, but her class is the most relaxed of all first year classes. Her mid term is really tough and will have EVERYTHING you studied on there. Not kidding. Her final was much easier and she is a very fair grader.

3. Property- I had Kristl who is tough, but a lot of people like him. Covers topics that other sections don't. He will call on people and will stay on you hard if you didn't read. So to save face, always read for his class! I had Reed for Property 2- nice guy, kinda out there but good. He calls on students but he will walk you through it. Read for class but it's okay if you have no clue what you read. He tries to make class fun with his wheel of fortune type responses.

4. Legal Methods- this class is no joke and is hard but do-able. I heard that this class isn't part of the horrible curve, so you can do well in the class without getting screwed. The key is to start early. Some wait and try to do it in 2 weeks and end up getting Cs. Even if you start early, you will pull all-nighters right before it's due. I had Finkelstein who is probably one of the best profs there. Very understanding and willing to answer every question.

Studying tips- I changed my whole study pattern after first semester. I used to spend all weekends reading for the next week and by the time class rolled again, I forgot everything even though I had briefs/notes on my laptop. For me, reading 2 or so days ahead was more effective.

Outlining- Torts and Property are easy to outline early. I didn't go to the Barbri lectures on those classes though. Some people only use older students outlines, but doesn't work for me. I always did my own outlines then used older students to supplement what I did.  I thought those big outline books (Emanuel's maybe?) was a waste of time. I bought all 3 for first semester classes and never used them. The E and E's and the Lexis Nexis ones are awesome and I still use them all faithfully. The library has most of them and can take them out for a few hours. But suck up the money and buy the one for Civ Pro.

Books- Widener is famous for not selling used books. I get all mine off Amazon and save so much money. It's crazy. If you can find used ones without much marking, you can save about $300.

Hope this helps, but realize this is what worked for me! 

I can try to answer any specific questions about classes or profs.

Good luck!