Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: deciding on st johns  (Read 3453 times)

NYnumba5

• View Profile
deciding on st johns
« on: May 06, 2007, 05:13:41 AM »
i was recently admitted to st johns universtiy school of law and even recieved some scholarship money which would probably total around 1/3 of the total cost of school. now of all the schools i have heard from st. johns so far is my best option, however i am still awaiting decisions from the university of miami, tulane, and brooklyn law school. cany anyone give me an insight into what the career prospects are of st. johns grads compared to those of the aforemenitoned 3 schools?
my other dilemma is the fact that i am quite sure if i got in the ring for another round with good old mr. lsat i could do at least 3-4 points better...any opinions here would be greatly appreciated

and my main concerns are that if you go to st.johns and do NOT finish within the top ten percent what your career prospects will look like... well any thought on the matter thanks everyone

NYnumba5

• View Profile
Re: deciding on st johns
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 12:10:38 AM »
hey every one opinions/thoughts please !! :-[

NextL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 06:24:40 PM »
If you are confident that you can score higher on the LSAT (you can never be certain), and you can take some time off, then I would apply for next year.  You will likely get into more competitive schools and more $$$ from the schools which have already accepted you.

veganvenus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 06:41:15 PM »
If you are confident that you can score higher on the LSAT (you can never be certain), and you can take some time off, then I would apply for next year.  You will likely get into more competitive schools and more $$$ from the schools which have already accepted you.

I agree.  Your law school will follow you for the rest of your life. What's one more year?