Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Long exams  (Read 2367 times)

pistolpete23

• View Profile
Re: Long exams
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 10:17:28 PM »

GO YOU.

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 10:18:09 PM »
who has 8 hour long exams?! and especially for con law

everybody

I'm assuming you're referring to take-home exams?  I had one in Con Law (rarely get take-homes), and my exam turned out to be around 17 pages or so.  One of the worst exam-taking experiences ever...

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 12:29:09 AM »

is thomas cooley or some other diploma mill offering a one-year J.D. program or something...

i don't get it

they do, but that's not where I go. As it turns out, I go to a higher ranked school than Seton Hall.

maybe you should stop worrying about the time and length of your exams at your "premier institution" and actually do it... you're in law school buddy... 18-24 pages is a walk in the park... well maybe not at your school, but to each his own  ;)
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

veganvenus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 11:37:34 AM »
I had an eight hour admin exam yesterday, and ended up with 32 pages if I had double spaced. So I agree that that seems a bit short.  Most I have taken had page limits until this one.

And yes, some *very* good schools have eight hour exams :)

basic

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 12:41:51 PM »

is thomas cooley or some other diploma mill offering a one-year J.D. program or something...

i don't get it

cooley gives 2 hr 45 min
all exams. all closed book.
looks a little like 50 MC 2 essays.
im in, ive started, wait what the hell was i thinking

lalala

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 01:13:04 PM »
I had a 24-hour takehome exam with a 5-page limit.

Brutal, just brutal.

veganvenus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 01:50:26 PM »
I had a 24-hour takehome exam with a 5-page limit.

Brutal, just brutal.

One week, three page limit.  The opposite of brutal, but at that point I was just *lost*. Especially since it was just one very broad policy question, no issue spotting.

At least I was able to take all the time I had slotted for it and use to to study for my 8-hour.

Ronald Hyatt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 05:10:43 PM »
I had an eight hour admin exam yesterday, and ended up with 32 pages if I had double spaced. So I agree that that seems a bit short.  Most I have taken had page limits until this one.

And yes, some *very* good schools have eight hour exams :)

If I was your prof, I would fail you just for making me read that much. Then again, if I was your prof, I'd probably have a 10 page limit to keep gunners like you from wasting my time with a 32 page essay.
"Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate."
http://imdb.com/name/nm0000465/bio

veganvenus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 06:00:17 PM »
If I was your prof, I would fail you just for making me read that much. Then again, if I was your prof, I'd probably have a 10 page limit to keep gunners like you from wasting my time with a 32 page essay.

I only spent about six hours writing it.  I would be very surprised if I didn't have one of the shortest exams in the class. 

Last year I turned in 17 pages for a three hour exam; everyone I spoke to wrote over 20.  That's how we roll, here.

loki13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exterminate all rational thought.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 08:19:07 PM »

Last year I turned in 17 pages for a three hour exam; everyone I spoke to wrote over 20.  That's how we roll, here.

Wow, so people at your law school lie about what they do on exams, too? Way to roll!