Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: living in Carlisle  (Read 16513 times)

Gwiz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Can't Touch!
    • View Profile
Re: living in Carlisle
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 09:43:45 AM »
I have to bring my dog.  A 12yr old German Shepherd mix. I feel for you man...  They (Mrs. S.B. of FinAid, and one of the property owners, and others) told me the markeplace opens up in June and July, and that a lot of students bring thier pets.  I may show up in early July for a Aug 1 lease.  I don't want to pay for an extra month.  The property owner also asked for double security (2 Mo.) which is reasonabe.    :-\
I wanna be a gunner when I grow up.

puja0509

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 01:32:31 PM »
Hello - I posted on the 2010 board too. I'm looking at an apt that is in the 300 block of W. North Street. Does anyone know anything about this? Good or bad area?

Thanks!
Puja

kilroy55

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Mad Rambling by Travis
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 01:39:45 PM »
Hello - I posted on the 2010 board too. I'm looking at an apt that is in the 300 block of W. North Street. Does anyone know anything about this? Good or bad area?

Thanks!
Puja

Its not the best of areas, but you should be fine.  Most law students stay South of High Street and West of Hanover.  But many live elsewhere.

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 01:55:06 PM »
Do you happen to know the cross streets? I'm thinking the 300 block of N. West is in the area of Penn St., but I could be wrong. If so, as Kilroy said, that's not a great area, but you really don't have much to worry about. Carlisle has a pretty low crime rate. The Penn St. area is a lower income area and there has been some drug activity there, but I don't really think it's unsafe. I would just judge by how comfortable you feel when you go look at the place.

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 06:52:29 PM »
Oops - Puja, I thought you said N. WEST St. (maybe from your other message?). The 300 block of W. NORTH St. is a better option than the 300 block of N. West St - sorry for the confusion! The only problem you might have in that area is construction noise - Dickinson College is building a new science facility right near there.

puja0509

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 09:02:28 PM »
Hey -

I did mean W. North St. woops!
The apartment is located between Railroad Ave and Franklin. I hope it will be ok - I think I should be alright in a construction!

I guess I'll see when I get down there.

I don't know about you guys but I'm starting to get really excited/nervous!!!

Puja

psumike09

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 09:18:54 PM »
I live north towards Harrisburg as do many people and find it convenient. You have to travel no matter what, so sticking to Carlisle isn't a necessity. The Brambles has some cheap 1 bedrooms w/ washer/dryers and Dishwashers. There are a lot of pretty decent places that are not on the housing list that the school puts out.

puja0509

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 10:29:05 AM »
I went to see the place on W. North Street and I didn't like it at all!!! SO, I'm still looking. If anyone knows of a good one-bedroom or efficiency place in downtown Carlisle, let me know.
You can email me at puja.khare@gmail.com.

Thanks!
Puja

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 08:42:59 AM »
Hey everyone - I drove by a sign for a 1BR apt this morning on Spring Garden St. at E. North St. It's listed through Walker Realty; phone number is 717-697-9487. This is not an endorsement, since I have not actually seen the place - just thought I'd pass along this information for those of you who are still looking for places.

aslaw505

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 01:28:42 PM »
I'll help - just let me know when you need me!