School Specific Boards > Pennsylvania State

living in Carlisle

(1/9) > >>

lizd:
I'm looking for housing in Carlisle and would like some advice on where to live or where NOT to live. I have visited Carlisle just once and it all looked OK, but I'm sure there are some places one would rather not live. I live in VA now so I've been scoping out places from the PSU website and craigslist. Anyone know of areas I should avoid? I plan to line up a few places then head up to check them out.

kilroy55:
The entire area is fairly safe.  But your best bet is to stay south of Louther Street and west of Hanover.  Essentially, there is a railine that runs through town--you want to stay south of there.  There have been problems in areas north of that line, but not many.  Students live all over, but most live where I just told you.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=%22Carlisle%2C%20PA%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl   

aslaw505:
I've lived in Carlisle forever - if you want to send me addresses, I can give you the lowdown. The area Kilroy described is a nice part of town, but there are far more options as well, and some that may be more convenient to the temporary facility.

aslaw505:
PS: Depending on when you decide to come to town, I'd be happy to show you around. It would be nice to meet a fellow incoming 1L before orientation :-)

lizd:
Thanks for the replies. Sorry we couldn't have met up - I was actually up in Carlisle at the first part of the week and just sort of wandered around on my own... I did find a place though - south of High and west of Hanover - that I'm really pleased with. I'll be bringing my dog so I was really excited to find a place that I liked that will let me bring him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version