Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Possibility to get a job after correspondence law schools  (Read 13614 times)

angelaint

• View Profile
    • Email
Possibility to get a job after correspondence law schools
« on: April 30, 2007, 01:57:12 PM »
I will have to live in different places for the next 2-4 years. It would be convenient for me to go to correspondence law school. But from doing some research on the job market in CA and by reading some discussions online, I got the impression that it is almost impossible to get a job after finishing an unaccredited Law School. There are hundreds of students graduating correspondence and unaccredited Law Schools every year in CA. I can guess that some don’t intend to practice law; some may rely on their relatives and friends… What about the others? Does anyone have an opinion on this subject?

TDJD84

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
Re: Possibility to get a job after correspondence law schools
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 06:42:56 PM »
The Bar Passage rate for graduates of online schools is very very low.  The prestige of those schools is through the floor, (and I'm no Snob,  I took a full ride at a Tier4 over a T50 school).  If you want to get a stable job, and not just work for yourself, the answer is probably no.

I will have to live in different places for the next 2-4 years. It would be convenient for me to go to correspondence law school. But from doing some research on the job market in CA and by reading some discussions online, I got the impression that it is almost impossible to get a job after finishing an unaccredited Law School. There are hundreds of students graduating correspondence and unaccredited Law Schools every year in CA. I can guess that some don’t intend to practice law; some may rely on their relatives and friends… What about the others? Does anyone have an opinion on this subject?

Ad oculos

• View Profile
Re: Possibility to get a job after correspondence law schools
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 07:51:50 PM »
The answer is a resounding "No."

If you can't go to a good law school (some would define it differently, but I'd say at least Tier 1 if not t14), then don't waste the time or the money unless you really, really want to be able to tell people that you're a lawyer.  Otherwise, you'll take on a lot of debt and not have any way to pay it back.

Just wait a few years and then go to law school fulltime if you can get your LSAT score up.