Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Apartments in Harrisburg  (Read 8547 times)

rdk136

• View Profile
Apartments in Harrisburg
« on: April 30, 2007, 09:35:38 AM »
Will be starting in the Fall.  Anyone know of any cheap apartments in the Harrisburg area?  Anyone looking for a roomate?

Kay0014

• View Profile
Re: Apartments in Harrisburg
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 03:50:10 PM »
I will be going to the Delaware campus, but I know when I went on a tour with the admissions rep there he knew a few good place. There was one he spoke about that was a decent price, and included utilities in the price. You may want to call the admissions office at Harrisburg as a starting point.

kilroy55

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Mad Rambling by Travis
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 07:12:15 PM »
Be careful, cheap in Harrisburg can be in a place you do not want to live.  I live in around Harrisburg, but I go to PSU-DSL.  If you want a commute, there are plenty of places around the counties that are nice and safe, but no in the city.

anxiety

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 07:28:55 PM »
Will be starting in the Fall.  Anyone know of any cheap apartments in the Harrisburg area?  Anyone looking for a roomate?

Literally up the block from school are some very nice apartments. I forget the name of them, but they are straight up the block on Vartan Way. Rent for a 2 bedroom apartment was something like 600 bucks. 300 a month with a roomie in a very nice place doesn't sound too bad to me! AND it is rent controlled for law students! :)
Disgruntled 3L

rdk136

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 12:45:13 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I'll be checking out some places next week. Anyone here of River View? Decent Place, good area?

rdk136

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 12:46:53 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Anyone know about River View apartments. Decent Place/nieghborhood? I'm heading down next week to check it out.

RenderingMayhem

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 06:25:27 AM »
I got a place about a mile from Campus, but it was a bit more than the 600 a month the other person said.  When I was looking the Camelot looked decent, and wasn't too far.  I am moving the end of June though, I heard you wanna look early, that its hard to find a place in August near campus.

RM