Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can anyone tell me whether this site is useful?  (Read 4060 times)

ashley06

• Yes, I am crude and insufferable. Bite me.
    • View Profile
Can anyone tell me whether this site is useful?
« on: April 25, 2007, 04:26:37 PM »
A friend recommended that I read it and buy into its message before I start in the fall, but I would like to get a broader perspective before deciding whether or not to waste my time with it.

Any advice/commentary is appreciated!

http://www.lawnerds.com/guide/mind.html
Attending: FSU
Accepted:  Barry ($$$), FCSL ($$), Stetson ($$), Ole Miss, UF, Memphis, Miami (FL)
Waitlisted:  UGA(W)
Rejected:

jgsmith

• View Profile
Re: Can anyone tell me whether this site is useful?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 07:11:34 PM »
If you want to be a good law student just read all the cases, pay attention in class, and work hard.

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 08:07:01 PM »
I looked at it during 1L, I think it was pretty helpful, esp the exam tips section

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »
A friend recommended that I read it and buy into its message before I start in the fall, but I would like to get a broader perspective before deciding whether or not to waste my time with it.

No advice until you take off your signature where you were accepted/rejected/whocares/etc.  This isn't the kiddie board.
pudding is delightful

ashley06

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 09:25:23 PM »

No advice until you take off your signature where you were accepted/rejected/whocares/etc.  This isn't the kiddie board.

The problem with unwritten rules is that nobody bothered to write them down.   >:(
Accepted:  Barry ($$$), FCSL ($$), Stetson ($$), Ole Miss, UF, Memphis, Miami (FL)
Rejected:

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 01:48:01 PM »

The problem with unwritten rules is that nobody bothered to write them down.   >:(

Indeed!  Having taken care of that problem, I'd recommend reading Planet Law School II before that web site.  That resource helped me, and others I've spoken to, tremendously the first year.  It provides comprehensive exam strategies and further lists other sources that are more narrowly tailored to specific areas of the law school experience.  It is worth the read and 30 bucks. 
pudding is delightful

ashley06

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 07:24:14 PM »

Indeed!  Having taken care of that problem, I'd recommend reading Planet Law School II before that web site.  That resource helped me, and others I've spoken to, tremendously the first year.  It provides comprehensive exam strategies and further lists other sources that are more narrowly tailored to specific areas of the law school experience.  It is worth the read and 30 bucks. 

I finished Law School Confidential a while back, and I am currently reading PLS II.  Did you do the exercises and order all the additional materials that Falcon recommends?  I'm afraid that I am not going to have time to work through it all before school starts...  :-\
Rejected:

drbuff123

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 07:44:44 PM »
My sincere suggestion is to do nothing law related this summer as your entire life will be consumed with it the next year.  You will wish you could have that time back; drink beer, sit by the pool, hang out with friends.  You aren't going to have loads of free time to enjoy these simple pleasures.

EDIT I still found time to drink beer, but the other 2 are iffy.

starter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 08:43:18 PM »

I finished Law School Confidential a while back, and I am currently reading PLS II.  Did you do the exercises and order all the additional materials that Falcon recommends?  I'm afraid that I am not going to have time to work through it all before school starts...  :-\

So what if you don't order materials and finish a bunch of pre law exercises.  It probably won't make one bit of difference and you'll look back a year from now and realize how crazy the thought of intense pre-law preparatory work really is. 

Sanzam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 10:21:01 PM »
So what if you don't order materials and finish a bunch of pre law exercises.  It probably won't make one bit of difference and you'll look back a year from now and realize how crazy the thought of intense pre-law preparatory work really is. 

I agree with the previous poster.
I found this helpful: http://uchilaw2009.blogspot.com/2007/04/0l-literature-and-cinema.html