Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: question for T-14 LLM students  (Read 9448 times)

Boston 2L

• View Profile
    • Email
question for T-14 LLM students
« on: April 16, 2007, 02:13:17 AM »
i'm coming out of a T-20 school, and i'de like to get an LLM at a T-14 (ideally T-5).  ultimate goal is to teach...  how well do i need to finish to be accepted into a good LLM program?  what gpa's did you guys have to get in??  thanks a lot.

Dominastl

• View Profile
Re: question for T-14 LLM students
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 05:16:39 AM »
Somebody? Anybody? I'm curious as well.
Always MY pleasure,

Dominastl

vaplaugh

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 09:07:08 AM »
tag

Boston 2L

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 06:25:26 PM »
there must be at least one person here that goes to a T14 LLM! 

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 06:35:19 PM »
I'm in no way qualified to answer, but I've spoken with two professors about this option.  Apparently, LLM programs are no very difficult on admission criteria.  They told me around Top 1/3 should be a definite acceptance.  I'd say since you go to a Top-20, you might be ok in the Top 1/2.

Again, this is all hearsay.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 11:11:03 PM »
I'm in no way qualified to answer, but I've spoken with two professors about this option.  Apparently, LLM programs are no very difficult on admission criteria.  They told me around Top 1/3 should be a definite acceptance.  I'd say since you go to a Top-20, you might be ok in the Top 1/2.

Well, if we could get you to repost this while excitedly observing a car accident, we'd be totally fine.
Air Force JAG Corps

UWTAX

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 03:20:46 PM »

Well, if we could get you to repost this while excitedly observing a car accident, we'd be totally fine.
Heh.  I know this was a joke, but the hearsay level at issue is the professors' words, not the poster.  His excitedly uttering the post would not help.  Now if the profs were excited, believed they were dying, etc., then we could avoid the hearsay problem.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 06:23:45 PM »

Heh.  I know this was a joke, but the hearsay level at issue is the professors' words, not the poster.  His excitedly uttering the post would not help.  Now if the profs were excited, believed they were dying, etc., then we could avoid the hearsay problem.

Isn't this a double-hearsay issue then?
Hearsay 1: Professor's statements
Hearsay 2: Posting about those statements on LSD?

Air Force JAG Corps

UWTAX

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 06:59:49 PM »

Isn't this a double-hearsay issue then?
Hearsay 1: Professor's statements
Hearsay 2: Posting about those statements on LSD?

Yes, it's double hearsay if he talks about his statements or if we talk about them, but his post just talked about the profs statements and therefore only contained one level of hearsay.  He said something like, "I know it's hearsay, but a prof said xyz..."  In that post, there is only one level of hearsay.  Any subsequent post relating to his post and the statements attributed to the professor(s...I really can't recall if it was multiple) has at least one more level of hearsay, namely his statements. 

What you suggested was tantamount to a lawyer counseling a witness that they could avoid a hearsay issue if they were excited while on the stand.