Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Housing  (Read 3470 times)

Nickledime85

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Housing
« on: April 14, 2007, 01:22:46 PM »
Hey everyone :-)

I'm an incoming 1L, and I'll be starting to look for apartments in May. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions about where to live. I've heard that most students live in Shadyside or North Oakland. Are there any apartment complexes any of you would recommend? Where is rent the cheapest?
University of Pittsburgh, Class of 2010 :-)

fpotus

• View Profile
Re: Housing
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 10:00:06 PM »
I am a current 1L.  Rent is cheapest in Oakland, but you DO NOT want to live there.  Live in Shadyside---nearly all of your classmates will.  It is also where most people hang out on weekends or in coffee shops to study.  Franklin West and Mozart Management are two really good property companies. 

mudcat

• View Profile
Re: Housing
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 09:39:06 PM »
I am a current 1L.  Rent is cheapest in Oakland, but you DO NOT want to live there.

There is a huuuge difference between north and south oakland.  North oakland: safe, within walking distance of the law school, and much cheaper than shadyside.  Shadyside is overpriced but is clearly the popular choice.  If you see an advantage at living next to Sephora you should move there

edit: and a lot of people live in north oakland, but more drinkers live in shadyside (near the bars)