Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke Rape Case  (Read 2335 times)

Tiago

• View Profile
    • Email
Duke Rape Case
« on: April 12, 2007, 10:39:19 AM »
I think it's bull that the women that falsely accused those guys of rape is not being prosecuted because she is supposedly bipolar.  I have no sympathy for her.  I wonder what Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton have to say about it.

UChi2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah.

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Duke Rape Case
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 01:58:45 PM »
Yeah didn't Jessee Jackson go down to NC last year and go all over the media saying "they must break this Blue Code of silence"?

Well I have a feeling that Mr. Jackson now will have his own "Blue Code of Silence" about this.

I think it's bull that the women that falsely accused those guys of rape is not being prosecuted because she is supposedly bipolar.  I have no sympathy for her.  I wonder what Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton have to say about it.

VitaminE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 06:51:40 PM »
I obviously don't think that what she did is right, but my brother is bipolar/schizophrenic and when he is in one of his episodes (especially manic) he does some crazy sh!t. I feel very bad for those who were falsey accused. However, I also have sympathy for her. Until you've experienced someone you know (and have known for 21 years) have an episode out of nowhere during which they act like a completely different person, it would be difficult to have sympathy for them in a scenario like the Duke Rape case.

Of course, I don't know the extent of this woman's bipolar disorder. I also don't know if she was on meds, etc. But I am sympathetic towards all involved in this.

jondoe

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 06:11:34 PM »
much more crazy people get convicted every damn day for crimes. Most end up in mental homes or get sent home under supervision, but still convicted. If she truely is "insane" thats for the jury to hear, but should be heard in court all the same. Heck Texas still executes those labeled legally "retarded" for Gods sake, at least give the female dog a fine. I got more of a punishment for a non moveing parking violations for jesus sake.