;

Author Topic: Imus  (Read 3388 times)

tortfeasor111

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Imus
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2007, 07:35:23 PM »
is Dave Chappelle a racist?

Dave Chappelle is a comedian; if he makes fun of certain races, it is for comedy.  Imus is not a comedian.  However, Chappelle makes fun of every race including blacks.

Actually Imus is a comedian, just a terrible one

Interesting, I've listened to him a few times and never knew that.

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2007, 07:48:56 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/11/imus.rutgers/index.html

Looks like MSNBC dropped his simulcast but he still has his CBS radio show

John Galt

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2007, 08:35:41 PM »
Hopefully they replace him with someone less offensive, like Bob Sagat (circa America's Funniest Videos) or Carrot Top.

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2007, 09:16:06 PM »
Funny thing is, I saw Bob Saget's standup a few years ago...He is one of the dirtiest comedians ever...I'm not kidding.

latenitesession

• Sr. Citizen
  • My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2007, 09:32:13 PM »

[/quote]

I meant molecular structure, and by people I meant the media and black leader(s).

Additionally, I those leaders hold a press conference in front of the Duke Lacrosse house and apologize.
[/quote]

they should. but of course, they won't. what a fvcking joke and a shame that turned out to be.
Fordham (PT)

ksully

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2007, 10:28:44 PM »
according to what your definition of racist is. I doubt he thinks any race is superior to any other. However, I think he treats some races preferentially. I don't think that makes him racist, though.

Treating some races preferentially is not racism?

Dave Chappelle is a comedian; if he makes fun of certain races, it is for comedy.  Imus is not a comedian.  However, Chappelle makes fun of every race including blacks.

So jokes about race are ok,as long as they are funny?

Race jokes are ok if its equal treatment?

tortfeasor111

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2007, 10:39:19 PM »
according to what your definition of racist is. I doubt he thinks any race is superior to any other. However, I think he treats some races preferentially. I don't think that makes him racist, though.

Treating some races preferentially is not racism?

So jokes about race are ok,as long as they are funny?

Race jokes are ok if its equal treatment?

Listen, I know you're trying to dissect every little thing that someone says to prove your point, whatever it may be, but it's extremely annoying.  I simply said, Chappelle is funny, and makes jokes about all races.  Imus is not funny.  I did not say jokes about race are ok if they are funny or if they receive equal treatment.