Law School Discussion

Working on Easter-who's with me?

GA-fan

Working on Easter-who's with me?
« on: April 08, 2007, 02:44:59 PM »
So I started on editing my brief around 8 AM. I worked until 3, read for Con law for tomorrow, and now I'm taking an hour lunch/dinner break. Oh, how lame I feel. I ordered a pizza delivery. My mother would have a heart attack if she know I wasn't eating ham, egg salad, and a "traditional" easter dinner.

I know I'm just ranting here, but misery loves company. Who else has been working weekends for the last month until finals?

nbf

Re: Working on Easter-who's with me?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 03:13:22 PM »
I've been working on my Ks outline all day, about to start doing my reading for tomorrow

freshstart

• LSAT: 156, UGPA: 4.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 03:17:25 PM »
I'm in the library too...there is no such thing as a sabbath or holiday in law school.  The only reason I am still functioning is because I am done in 2 weeks!!!  I must say the quality of my papers and oral arguments that I had to work on this weekend is questionable.  I had an egg salad sandwich for my meal.  Happy Easter!

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »
Well, I'm working today, in between doing stuff around the house and playing with my son, but I'm Jewish so today is just another Sunday to me. ;)

When do your classes end? We turned in our briefs over a month ago and we're all pretty much done with oral arguments at my school. Our last class is one week from tomorrow (freakout time!).

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 04:25:40 PM »
I am indeed, although I have started a little later, I still went to an Easter service and the like, but I will easily be here until 11PM, maybe later! Still, I have slacked off some today b ecause it was easter.  oh well, in 5 weeks it'll be summer, with no exams to worry about and real legal work to do. It's gonna be amazing. Having weekends totally free..........that's gonna be something.

GA-fan

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 04:52:32 PM »
Brief is due Tuesday, 2 weeks of classes left until finals- no reading days between end of class and start of finals. Literally, we have class Friday and our first exam Monday.

brewha

• I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 05:00:56 PM »
Brief is due Tuesday, 2 weeks of classes left until finals- no reading days between end of class and start of finals. Literally, we have class Friday and our first exam Monday.

Skip classes the last week and prep for finals

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 05:09:25 PM »
Man, that's rough! We finish class one week from tomorrow, have one week for studying and then our first final is the 24th. We end on May 4.

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 04:38:24 PM »
I've been working weekends for the past seven years.  Join the club.