Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Working on Easter-who's with me?  (Read 841 times)

GA-fan

Working on Easter-who's with me?
« on: April 08, 2007, 04:44:59 PM »
So I started on editing my brief around 8 AM. I worked until 3, read for Con law for tomorrow, and now I'm taking an hour lunch/dinner break. Oh, how lame I feel. I ordered a pizza delivery. My mother would have a heart attack if she know I wasn't eating ham, egg salad, and a "traditional" easter dinner.

I know I'm just ranting here, but misery loves company. Who else has been working weekends for the last month until finals?

nbf

• View Profile
Re: Working on Easter-who's with me?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 05:13:22 PM »
I've been working on my Ks outline all day, about to start doing my reading for tomorrow

freshstart

• LSAT: 156, UGPA: 4.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 05:17:25 PM »
I'm in the library too...there is no such thing as a sabbath or holiday in law school.  The only reason I am still functioning is because I am done in 2 weeks!!!  I must say the quality of my papers and oral arguments that I had to work on this weekend is questionable.  I had an egg salad sandwich for my meal.  Happy Easter!

lawmama09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »
Well, I'm working today, in between doing stuff around the house and playing with my son, but I'm Jewish so today is just another Sunday to me. ;)

When do your classes end? We turned in our briefs over a month ago and we're all pretty much done with oral arguments at my school. Our last class is one week from tomorrow (freakout time!).

UHLAW09

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 06:25:40 PM »
I am indeed, although I have started a little later, I still went to an Easter service and the like, but I will easily be here until 11PM, maybe later! Still, I have slacked off some today b ecause it was easter.  oh well, in 5 weeks it'll be summer, with no exams to worry about and real legal work to do. It's gonna be amazing. Having weekends totally free..........that's gonna be something.

GA-fan

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 06:52:32 PM »
Brief is due Tuesday, 2 weeks of classes left until finals- no reading days between end of class and start of finals. Literally, we have class Friday and our first exam Monday.

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 07:00:56 PM »
Brief is due Tuesday, 2 weeks of classes left until finals- no reading days between end of class and start of finals. Literally, we have class Friday and our first exam Monday.

Skip classes the last week and prep for finals
pudding is delightful

lawmama09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 07:09:25 PM »
Man, that's rough! We finish class one week from tomorrow, have one week for studying and then our first final is the 24th. We end on May 4.

chrisclaybo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 06:38:24 PM »
I've been working weekends for the past seven years.  Join the club.