Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USD 2007  (Read 50897 times)

snobord99

Re: USD 2007
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2007, 03:07:56 AM »
my fiance is the only reason why I chose a school in San Diego.
Left to my own devises I would be at UC Hastings this fall.

not to be a male private part, but...and?

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2007, 12:30:49 PM »

Not to be a male private part, but... and that's my own decision when it came to mixing relationships with law school decisions.  Some people in this thread are doing the long distance thing, some people are breaking up.  I chose to stay local to keep my relationship intact.

I'm surprised you couldn't gather that from reading the thread.... not to be a male private part of course.

snobord99

« Reply #212 on: June 11, 2007, 01:13:10 PM »

Not to be a male private part, but... and that's my own decision when it came to mixing relationships with law school decisions.  Some people in this thread are doing the long distance thing, some people are breaking up.  I chose to stay local to keep my relationship intact.

I'm surprised you couldn't gather that from reading the thread.... not to be a male private part of course.

well, i interpreted that post as a "i got into a better school and am therefore better than you but will go to usd only because my fiancee is making me..." i mean, it kinda came out of nowhere and was accompanied by no explanation...all it said is "i don't really want to be here but am because i must"...and i was pretty sure that's not what you meant to say but that was the best interpretation (imo) from that post so i just wanted to clarify...didn't mean to take the jelly out of your doughnut

IONLYKNOWY

« Reply #213 on: June 11, 2007, 02:51:53 PM »

well, i interpreted that post as a "i got into a better school and am therefore better than you but will go to usd only because my fiancee is making me..." i mean, it kinda came out of nowhere and was accompanied by no explanation...all it said is "i don't really want to be here but am because i must"...and i was pretty sure that's not what you meant to say but that was the best interpretation (imo) from that post so i just wanted to clarify...didn't mean to take the jelly out of your doughnut

I think that "StevePirates" is the poster that got a full ride scholarship to Cal Western, and decided to go there instead of USD and apparently other higher ranked law schools.  He also is thinking about getting a LLM from USD when he is done at Cal Western.  He is doing this in part so that he can have a prestigious degree at a fraction of the cost. 

He is posting in the USD thread due to the inactivity in the Cal Western thread.  Everyone play nice.. we are all in this together..  ;D

snobord99

« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2007, 04:41:06 PM »

I think that "StevePirates" is the poster that got a full ride scholarship to Cal Western, and decided to go there instead of USD and apparently other higher ranked law schools.  He also is thinking about getting a LLM from USD when he is done at Cal Western.  He is doing this in part so that he can have a prestigious degree at a fraction of the cost. 

He is posting in the USD thread due to the inactivity in the Cal Western thread.  Everyone play nice.. we are all in this together..  ;D

oh, hahaha...ok

jwaxjwax

« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2007, 10:09:48 PM »
That's good there's a big USD law discussion going. I haven't been on the site in awhile, but when I was first coming to USD as 1L, there were almost no posts!

I have a boring school related tip that people have already said, but I think it's important! You have 2 semesters of Lawyering Skills, which is legal writing. It's graded High Pass, Pass, Low Pass, Fail. Almost no one fails and few get low pass. I'd recommend working hard at least one of the semesters (especially second) and getting a High Pass. Our srping semester, the Professor gave out little awards for best brief, best oral argument, etc. I won an award and got a high pass. When I had job interviews, just about every single employer commented on that little achievement and I think it helped me get a job. And the writing you do in the class is what you do as an attorney.

Also, for fun, once you learn who your professors will be, you can find them on myspace, under "grade my professor" USD, then sort by "law" as the dept.

dsnutter

« Reply #216 on: June 11, 2007, 11:26:33 PM »
If there is any more bickering on my thread, I am going to have to open up a whole case of whope-ass. What the eff is there to do tonight? I am bored, and in san diego of course. Any suggestions?

O ya, I went to the keith urban concert alone last night. After about 4 beers it was fun. Just in case you all were interested in knowing, heh.

snobord99

« Reply #217 on: June 12, 2007, 01:18:19 AM »
I am so sick of reading all over lsd about people thinking about going to usd if they don't get off the hastings waitlist and then hearing people vehemently encouraging them to take up hastings if it comes their way.  I know I made the right choice for my personal reasons, but it was still a difficult choice and being reminded of it everywhere is nauseating. 

Sorry - had to complain to my fellow usd people a little for some encouragement.

i feel the same way...

snobord99

« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2007, 01:20:37 AM »
If there is any more bickering on my thread, I am going to have to open up a whole case of whope-ass. What the eff is there to do tonight? I am bored, and in san diego of course. Any suggestions?

O ya, I went to the keith urban concert alone last night. After about 4 beers it was fun. Just in case you all were interested in knowing, heh.

don't know who that is, but do i need to educate you on some j5?

dsnutter

« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2007, 01:23:28 AM »

oh dear dan, we're going to have to work on the music. 

Jess, are you kidding me? It is all about country music! haha. I am proud of my country line dancing as well.