Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USD 2007  (Read 52614 times)

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
Re: USD 2007
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2007, 11:27:48 PM »
Oh, also, this is for everyone.  Since I go to Cal Western, if you guys want me to piss off and leave this board just for you USD kids, let me know, and I'll stick to my own utterly empty board.

But, personally, I hope that we can forge an era of collegiality and cordiality for all the students in all the schools in San Diego (well maybe not Thomas Jefferson... jk jk).  I dunno, I'm one of those utterly idiotic optimists, and I feel  like the whole law school experience is one of cliques and divisiveness, between schools, and even within schools.

So this is just my way of saying, screw that, let's all be in this adventure together working towards a common goal.
Graduation, Justice, and World Domination!!!  Viva San Diego!

dsnutter

« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2007, 11:31:57 PM »
7. Undergrad/Major?
Cal Poly, SLO. Civil Engineering

8. Cool Thoughts about or before law school?
Huh?

9. Are you doing one of those law school prep classes? Current students, did you take one or do you have any recs?
No, but it sounds like something I should do.

10. Planning on practicing local after graduation or going to LA or somewhere else?
I am never leaving San Diego again.

11. Most interesting life experience?
Ehhh...I am a pretty boring guy.

12. What you'd do if you weren't going to law school?
Work as an engineer for the rest of my life. Ugh, I don't think I could do that.

LJGuy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2007, 12:42:16 AM »
7. Undergrad/Major?
Pepperdine - Psych

i'm just glad to postpone getting a real job for a few years

9. Are you doing one of those law school prep classes? Current students, did you take one or do you have any recs?
I work in an office with a couple of lawyers who are helping me get ready

10. Planning on practicing local after graduation or going to LA or somewhere else?
I'll go wherever I can clerk, but I'll keep making my way back to SD, no matter where I end up.

travel makes life interesting. working in Uganda and studying in Germany were pretty cool

get an advanced degree in psych, practice and teach

Chippewa to Terero

« Reply #183 on: May 24, 2007, 02:03:47 PM »
Easyyyyyy, StevePirates.....a little too much aderral yesterday?  That's a lot of defensive explanation for a non-issue that you raised.  I'm just giving you a hard time.....if nothing else, you're a great SD resource.

cjenifer.....what's alexis's last name?  When was she there?  I think I remember at least one Alexis.  Small world!

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: May 24, 2007, 02:22:09 PM »
I don't take daily adderal.  I kind of like having ADD when I'm not actually in class.

But yeah, I just don't wanna butt in and intrude.  Nobody wants to be "that guy" at the party ya know?

kaifactor

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 24, 2007, 03:03:54 PM »

No worries. As far as I'm concerned, mi casa su casa. I can't speak for the others, but you are welcome to come grab some drinks with us when we meet up in August. We'll all be practicing together anyway.

yanksfan324

« Reply #186 on: May 25, 2007, 09:41:19 AM »
7. Undergrad/Major?
University of Delaware/Computer Science

2 words: San Diego

9. Are you doing one of those law school prep classes?
I'll be working hard enough during 1L, so no.  I need time off completely from anything that requires intellectual effort.   

Given 4 months ago I never imagined I'd leave NY, who knows?  That said, as of right now I absolutely plan on staying in SD, or maybe heading up north an hour or two.  Time will tell.

Being a part of the USA Olympic Bobsledding team.

Sadly, I kid.  I'd probably have to go with my trip to China several years ago, and studying Martial Arts with the Shaolin Monks out there.  It was unreal.

I was heavily considering opening a personal training business over the past couple years.  I'd probably find a way to make that happen.

snobord99

« Reply #187 on: May 25, 2007, 08:14:33 PM »
alright...i'm sorta done w/this law review silliness so let's procrastinate a lil before i proofread...

7. cal (that's uc berkeley for u non ncaa sports watchers)/philosophy

8. thoughts? sorry, none, i checked my brain in at warren hall and have yet to check it back out

9. no. and i question how much they can really help.

10. somewhere in cali

11. i'll have to say almost getting lost at heavenly in tahoe and having to walk hike an hour back to a trail just to avoid being "lost snowboarders in tahoe found eaten by bears" on the evening news

12. none, that's why i'm here  :P

p.s. fortuita: that pic makes it obvious that you're AWESOME at ping pong

Law9486

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 25, 2007, 10:05:23 PM »
I am also done with law review, so now I can celebrate by doing stupid things like answer questions on here. PS - For those who are trying to do write-on in a year, learn the bluebook - they really arent kidding!

dsnutter

« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2007, 12:39:38 AM »
I am pretty sure I will be writing on (since I will obviously have too low of a gpa to be invited). For PT students, do we write on at the end of our 2nd year?