Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USD 2007  (Read 51762 times)

yanksfan324

Re: USD 2007
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2007, 07:05:28 PM »
And Roman, let me get this straight. Your options as of right now include USD w/no $ or no law school at all?

hahaha

Roman, you're analyzing way too much.  And I thought I was bad...

USD is a great school in an amazing city.  You'll make back the money you spend as a lawyer.  Nothing to lose sleep over.

I know that it's my only option at the moment but I could get off the Loyola waitlist and then I'd be in a *&^% storm with my family. I'm also thinking of not doing the work study my first year and turning that money into a loan. I don't want to have any distractions and most law students seem to agree with that. I'm going to USD full time so it's not really realistic to work 10-15 hours a week. Thanks for that Yanks, I'm really trying to look at the positives. Luckily, I got a letter from USD that boosted my battered ego. It said that although they had 4,800 applicants this year for 320 seats, I was admitted and others weren't. That makes me feel better.  :D

coughwithdrawcough

snobord99

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2007, 12:25:36 AM »
Plenty of people have Macs. It's not a HUGE inconvenience. It's just that ExamSoft (the software for exams) is currently only compatible with XP so unless you get something that runs XP (like one of those newer Macs), you'll have to hand write the exam.

snobord99

« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2007, 12:26:05 AM »
p.s. macs are waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy cooler

:D :D :D

IONLYKNOWY

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2007, 01:12:15 AM »
So if the University does not offer housing for people to look for apartments... then do any current students want to volunteer their living room couch or floor to me and my fiancee sometime this June/July for a couple of days?

Or do you think it would be better to just move all of the stuff without a clue as to where we will be staying?

:)

dsnutter

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2007, 01:21:07 AM »
So if the University does not offer housing for people to look for apartments... then do any current students want to volunteer their living room couch or floor to me and my fiancee sometime this June/July for a couple of days?

Or do you think it would be better to just move all of the stuff without a clue as to where we will be staying?

:)

Einstein,

If I am in town (after June 20) you are welcome to crash on my floor for a couple nights. You might even get the guest room, heh. Let me know.

snobord99

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2007, 04:57:14 AM »
Einstein, I'd totally offer you my place but I'm not sure how happy my roommates would be with that considering I've never met you (or your fiancee)...That said, if it comes up and you do need a place to crash, I might still be able to offer you guys my couch...Keep me posted, if I'm still in SD, I'll see what I can do.

Roman815

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2007, 06:13:59 AM »
And Roman, let me get this straight. Your options as of right now include USD w/no $ or no law school at all?

hahaha

Roman, you're analyzing way too much.  And I thought I was bad...

USD is a great school in an amazing city.  You'll make back the money you spend as a lawyer.  Nothing to lose sleep over.

I know that it's my only option at the moment but I could get off the Loyola waitlist and then I'd be in a *&^% storm with my family. I'm also thinking of not doing the work study my first year and turning that money into a loan. I don't want to have any distractions and most law students seem to agree with that. I'm going to USD full time so it's not really realistic to work 10-15 hours a week. Thanks for that Yanks, I'm really trying to look at the positives. Luckily, I got a letter from USD that boosted my battered ego. It said that although they had 4,800 applicants this year for 320 seats, I was admitted and others weren't. That makes me feel better.  :D

coughwithdrawcough

I want to withdraw so badly but I can't do so until I get accepted. I would never hear the end of it if I withdrew without a final decision from Loyola. In the meantime, I withdrew from 5 schools so that should tide me over for a bit. Goodbye Lewis and Clark, Santa Clara, McGeorge, American, and Iowa. I withdrew from L&C, American, and Iowa in the same day and it felt very good, especially with L&C. Those bastards had been stringing me along every since I received their fee waiver. Note to self; be wary of free lunch.  ;)
University of San Diego School of Law Class of 2010!

LSN

Law9486

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2007, 11:13:49 AM »
Plenty of people have Macs. It's not a HUGE inconvenience. It's just that ExamSoft (the software for exams) is currently only compatible with XP so unless you get something that runs XP (like one of those newer Macs), you'll have to hand write the exam.

I thought USD wasnt supporting XP on Macs either? My suggestion would just be to borrow a (non-law school) friends computer. I actually know two people that had exams at different times and shared a computer.

snobord99

« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2007, 12:24:09 PM »

I thought USD wasnt supporting XP on Macs either? My suggestion would just be to borrow a (non-law school) friends computer. I actually know two people that had exams at different times and shared a computer.

That could be true. I'm not sure. I thought the software was all that mattered, but the hardware might be an issue.

IONLYKNOWY

« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2007, 04:31:07 PM »
Thanks guys for offering your places to me and my fiancee.. I might take one of you up on it.  I will let you know if that is the case though. 

Current students, or san diegans, have you ever heard of the La Mirage apartments.. if so, what do you think about them and their location?