Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USD 2007  (Read 53632 times)

dsnutter

Re: USD 2007
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 10:11:28 PM »
missmy, good to see you join us. It was probably I who referred you, I am just super cool like that. Well, we all hope you join us in the fall. Did you go to UCSD? If you go to USD will you still be living in La Jolla? I will be living in Solana Beach, so I will have that awesome 'merge' traffic during the week.

And yes, we are planning a get together. Are you in SD right now? I will be back in town in June, and it looks like a lot of us will be there in July. I will probably be heading to see the Padres once a week or so during the summer, maybe we can even get a padre outing organized. Who knows.

snobord99

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 11:47:53 PM »
Haha, yea...that merge traffic sucks...you'll all get a chance to go to a (few) Padres games next year since the school does that once in a while. That said, welcome to USD Law 0Ls.

DanTheCran

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 01:54:17 AM »
Just thought i would join in on this topic.  Im about 90% about going to usd so it looks likely that I will be starting there in the fall.  I live downtown now and its about a 15 minute drive to campus from here but downtown is expensive.  If you want to be close to usd i would say stay in mission valley, theres a lot of condos on friars alone, even down by costco and ikea would be like 5 minutes to school.  Anyways if everyone gets together count me in.

snobord99

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2007, 02:44:56 AM »
Just thought i would join in on this topic.  Im about 90% about going to usd so it looks likely that I will be starting there in the fall.  I live downtown now and its about a 15 minute drive to campus from here but downtown is expensive.  If you want to be close to usd i would say stay in mission valley, theres a lot of condos on friars alone, even down by costco and ikea would be like 5 minutes to school.  Anyways if everyone gets together count me in.

Eh, Costco/IKEA's a little longer than 5 min, but close enough...since it's like 6 or 7...and I really hope that that won't make a difference to anyone. That said, I personally wouldn't want to live that far East ;). Not a time thing, but for some reason those extra 3 or 4 miles east (relative to like, the Fashion Valley area) is just too far east for me.

kaifactor

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2007, 04:31:49 PM »

"If things do not work out at USD, Loyola is the clear second choice."

I'm not sure I agree entirely with that. Loyola's an awesome school for litigators in LA, but is ultra competitive and in a really ugly part of town. Although your "starting" job prospects may be better, I think the experience at either Pepperdine or McGeorge would be worth the small sacrifice. Naturally, I think USD is better than all 3. I guess it depends on what you want to do later on in life though and if you are committed to LA. Just me, but I don't see how anyone could subject themselves to downtown LA for 3 years and I'm pretty sure their board is not as awesome as ours.

iSalute, brilliant idea about the Pads. I'm not a west coast baseball person (go Yanks), but could definitely chill out in the bleachers, drink beer and get to know some peeps during the game. There's a nice little homestretch and a couple day games at the start of August that looks solid. Might as well work it in before all the fun starts...     

missmy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2007, 04:45:27 PM »
iSalute, thanks for being cool and referring me.  I actually did go to UCSD and for that reason, am partial to the La Jolla area, but I think a move for a shorter commute (to the Mission Valley area) might be nice.  Sorry about the merge traffic, that doesn't sound very plesant...  will you stay in Solana Beach?

As for the meetup, I'm just over an hour north of SD right now, and it's a pretty easy commute so I'm good to meet anytime.  It's been a while since I've been to SD, so my list of "hotspots" of sorts is out of date. But if anyone wants any suggestions, I could tell you were the students used to go for great deals on meals.

dsnutter

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007, 12:12:11 PM »
Just thought i would join in on this topic. Anyways if everyone gets together count me in.

Dan, good to have you join us. Now, it is time to turn that 90% into a 100%.

iSalute, thanks for being cool and referring me.  I actually did go to UCSD and for that reason, am partial to the La Jolla area, but I think a move for a shorter commute (to the Mission Valley area) might be nice.  Sorry about the merge traffic, that doesn't sound very plesant...  will you stay in Solana Beach?

As for the meetup, I'm just over an hour north of SD right now, and it's a pretty easy commute so I'm good to meet anytime.  It's been a while since I've been to SD, so my list of "hotspots" of sorts is out of date. But if anyone wants any suggestions, I could tell you were the students used to go for great deals on meals.

Yep, I will stay in Solana Beach, at least until the commute become unbareable. And UCSD is a great school. I probably would have gone there had I not lived 4 miles away from the campus.

Where are you living now? Temecula area? Either that or possibly Dana Point? Those both seem to be about an hour or so away.

pbnwu

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2007, 01:16:11 PM »
Don't know who was there last night but I thought they did a good job of showing the mix of professionalism, intelligence and fun that drew me to USD. I met some nice alum and future classmates. It did a good job of confirming my choice.

snobord99

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2007, 08:04:14 PM »
Don't know who was there last night but I thought they did a good job of showing the mix of professionalism, intelligence and fun that drew me to USD. I met some nice alum and future classmates. It did a good job of confirming my choice.

Hmm, am I the only one here that doesn't really know what you're talking about? My best guess is you're talking about one of those "meet the alum" nights that I went to last year  ???

dsnutter

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2007, 09:18:26 PM »

Hmm, am I the only one here that doesn't really know what you're talking about? My best guess is you're talking about one of those "meet the alum" nights that I went to last year  ???

haha, poor pbnwu. yeah, I am not too sure what was mean't either. I just assumed it was the ASD. pbnwu, explain!