Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USD 2007  (Read 51832 times)

dsnutter

USD 2007
« on: April 08, 2007, 03:15:59 PM »
Hey everyone, just thought I would start a thread for all of us going to USD this coming fall. Maybe getting a little social gathering together before the start of class would be fun. I know that I am scared sh*tless about starting LS, even more so that I will be working full time.

Who's with me!?
kaifactor
pbnwu
Yankees Fan
USD-2007
iSalute
ML
Fortuita
missmy
DanTheCran
Chippewa to Torero
LJRoberts
cjenifer
SEIGI
LJGuy
MCVinny
mgolper

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: USD 2007
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 03:19:28 PM »
Milk was a great choice! 
pudding is delightful

dsnutter

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 04:06:40 PM »
Milk was a great choice! 

But it's sooo hot out here.

kaifactor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 01:39:31 PM »

Hey. This is a pretty cool (albeit confusing) site. Barring anything major, I'll also be at USD. Got to visit the campus back in October and could not have come away more impressed. Campus was chill and the people there seemed really friendly. Not especially nervous about the fall, but thankfully I won't have to balance a full time job either. Props to you for that one. Would be completely up for some sort of social gathering as well, since I don't know anyone in San Diego and currently live too far away to attend any of the ASWs.

Anyone know if USD does anything for us housing-wise? I remember them saying something about a housing list when I visited, but haven't gotten any word from them about this. Then again, I just sent my deposit in, so it may be a little soon. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to see the rest of you in the fall.

pbnwu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 03:07:13 PM »
I'll be at USD in the fall and I live in SD now so I'll definitely be down some sort of get together.

dsnutter

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 03:13:18 PM »

Hey. This is a pretty cool (albeit confusing) site. Barring anything major, I'll also be at USD. Got to visit the campus back in October and could not have come away more impressed. Campus was chill and the people there seemed really friendly. Not especially nervous about the fall, but thankfully I won't have to balance a full time job either. Props to you for that one. Would be completely up for some sort of social gathering as well, since I don't know anyone in San Diego and currently live too far away to attend any of the ASWs.

Anyone know if USD does anything for us housing-wise? I remember them saying something about a housing list when I visited, but haven't gotten any word from them about this. Then again, I just sent my deposit in, so it may be a little soon. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to see the rest of you in the fall.

Hey, kaifactor. Good to hear that you will be at USD this fall. Where are you coming from? I was born and raised in SD, and have been away for the past 4 years. I am still not sure if I will be living at home (definitely need to save money) or trying to find a roommate. I haven't heard anything from USD regarding housing. Actually, I haven't even gotten my acceptance letter, I just got a call from the dean last week (I really hope it wasn't a mistake!).

When will you be in San Diego? Hopefully we can get some more students on this thread so we can get some info put together. See you soon.

PS. I will in SD full time come June.

yanksfan324

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 03:17:54 PM »
Wow, you have to create a new account to post in this section...

Anyway, I'm 95% sure I'll be at USD in the fall.

And I haven't heard anything in regard to housing either.  I read somewhere that last year the list didn't even go out til mid-June.  That's too late for me.

dsnutter

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 03:38:28 PM »
I'll be at USD in the fall and I live in SD now so I'll definitely be down some sort of get together.

Awesome, when I get back to town we should try to set something up.
Wow, you have to create a new account to post in this section...

Anyway, I'm 95% sure I'll be at USD in the fall.

And I haven't heard anything in regard to housing either.  I read somewhere that last year the list didn't even go out til mid-June.  That's too late for me.

Good to see you on this side of the board. Yeah, I feel as though we should not rely on USD to help us with housing at all.

If any of you have questions about living locations, I would be more than happy to give you any advice.

I really don't want to live at home, why does USD have to be so expensive!?

kaifactor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 07:14:43 PM »

Pretty sweet that we've got five people already. I'm originally from Dallas, although I live and work up in NYC right now. I'll probably leave for San Diego in August or as soon as I can get enough cash together to tell my job to shove it and go chill out for a while before school.

That's BS that they don't release the housing list until mid-June. Thanks for the info though, Yanksfan. I'd rather take care of my housing sooner rather than later. You'd think they could do a little better in that department. I also haven't decided whether to get a roommate or not. I've been given different advice on the sub hey don't give you much $ for cost of living. Not that I really need to be borrowing more money.

I think I got the layout of the city alright was wondering about the morning traffic. What do you think are the border areas for a comfortable 15 minute drive to campus in the morning with traffic? Am really gonna miss the days when I could just roll out of bed and stumble to class.

USD-2007

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 01:53:02 AM »
Hi guys. I will be at USD this upcoming Fall as well.  Still kinda seems surreal that in less than 6 months we will be 1L's...  But if everyone is going to meet up, count me in.  I know a whole one person in San Diego, and meeting some fellow classmates before school starts would be awesome. 

Also, is anyone thinking about living on campus?  It is a little more expensive, but being able to walk to class/the library really has its perks.