Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USD 2007  (Read 53538 times)

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
Re: USD 2007
« Reply #290 on: July 31, 2007, 01:08:31 PM »
I've lived in San Diego for 10 years now, and had different cars in that time period.  Never had a car broken into or stolen.

My exGF had her car broken into, but it was a Jeep Wrangler and those cars get broken into often (because it's easy).

The proximity to the border is a concern for some, but as long as you don't have a car that is on the top ten theft list, you should be relatively safe.

MCB

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 31, 2007, 03:15:16 PM »

The proximity to the border is a concern for some, but as long as you don't have a car that is on the top ten theft list, you should be relatively safe.

Hmmm, well I'm almost certain my car is on the top ten theft list, if not number one or two.  It would be a pain having it stolen, but it's a piece of crap car anyway so I guess it's a trade off.  :-\

USD 2L

MCB

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 31, 2007, 03:18:57 PM »
So it looks like I may have found a good room situation in Serra Mesa.  Any input from the locals on that area?  It seems pretty close to me, I'm going to go check it out this weekend.
USD 2L

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #293 on: August 01, 2007, 01:52:19 PM »
So it looks like I may have found a good room situation in Serra Mesa.  Any input from the locals on that area?  It seems pretty close to me, I'm going to go check it out this weekend.

Serra Mesa is a nice quiet mainly military community.  It's not too far from campus.  Just on the other side of Mission Valley.

jenn

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 08, 2007, 09:57:58 PM »
Hey, I'm new here (to the board, and san diego), but I'll be a 1L in a week! Is anybody interested in a meet up before orientation?

dsnutter

« Reply #295 on: August 08, 2007, 11:38:15 PM »
Hey, I'm new here (to the board, and san diego), but I'll be a 1L in a week! Is anybody interested in a meet up before orientation?

I think some people have been getting together off and on, but I would definitely be up for getting together sometime. I work, so that really limits my options.

Does anyone want to meet up Friday night? (that is a big no since I am the one who asked)

snobord99

« Reply #296 on: August 08, 2007, 11:41:04 PM »

I think some people have been getting together off and on, but I would definitely be up for getting together sometime. I work, so that really limits my options.

Does anyone want to meet up Friday night? (that is a big no since I am the one who asked)

:D

i remember u folks talking about a meet before school started...whatever did happen to that? well, whatever happens, i'll meet u guys either at the book exchange on wed (i'll be working all day there) or at orientation

jenn

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 09, 2007, 05:48:57 PM »
lol iSalute, I'm down for Friday?  Are you a 1L also?

Sno: are you going to be one of the orientation leaders?

dsnutter

« Reply #298 on: August 09, 2007, 08:00:54 PM »
Jenn, you pick the place (sometime soon, as in tonight  ;D ) and I will work on getting a few more people coming. Are you in our facebook group? I believe it is something along the lines of "USD Law 2010"? I don't remember the extact name of it. Once you decide on the venue, I'll let every know! See you tomorrow.

And yes, I will be a 1L.

snobord99

« Reply #299 on: August 09, 2007, 08:35:40 PM »
i will be volunteering for orientation on thurs/fri but i'm not a leader (meaning any actual planning)...i will, however, be working the book exchange table all day on wed  :-\