Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USD 2007  (Read 52676 times)

snobord99

Re: USD 2007
« Reply #240 on: June 19, 2007, 04:10:22 AM »
it depends on the people...you end up getting to know the people in your section better (for obvious reasons), but people do hang out across sections, it's just that you can't depend on just being around them a lot to get to know them since you don't necessarily see people outside your section as often...for the most part i personally hang out with people mostly in my section with a few in the other sections i know either through someone or at orientation...as far as how often people hang out...i think it depends but my group of friends try to hang out together at least once a week...first semester we went out A LOT..like...happy hour 2 times a week and then friday and/or sat nights we'd go out on top of whatever meals we eat together...

Chippewa to Terero

« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2007, 12:30:00 PM »
Is there any way to assure that you get into the same section as someone.....i.e. your roommate.

snobord99

« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2007, 12:45:56 PM »
not that i know of, but i'm sure it doesn't hurt to ask

Law9486

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2007, 02:05:41 PM »
Is there any way to assure that you get into the same section as someone.....i.e. your roommate.

I know two people in the evening program tried this because they work together, but the registers office didnt seem to care. They say that they put a lot of effort into making the sections even (based on gpa and lsat) so that they can have good curves.

I dont know if I said this before, but speaking of classes. After you get your schedule at orientation, sba is sponsoring a book sale type thing. This is the first year that they are doing it, but it might be a cheap way to get some of your books or study aids. (I say this now because people in other threads were talking about buying study aids already.)

kaifactor

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 20, 2007, 06:31:26 PM »

I'll be there starting July 9th (can't come soon enough). Beach, golf and liver-scarring all sound like excellent ideas. Padres games are also definately in order. Although scrambling to find a car and a place to live, I'll definately be spending alot of time recovering before school starts. Since we're all kind of in the same boat (I don't know a soul in SD), drop me a line if you are in the neighborhood and want to chill. I'll be in LA the last weekend in July also.

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2007, 07:11:09 PM »
Well, for any of you new kids coming into town, just drop me a line

www.myspace.com/piratesgoarrr

we can get drinks and stuff.

yanksfan324

« Reply #246 on: June 21, 2007, 10:41:12 PM »
i don't know ur last name or your email so i guess we can't hang out, or at least thats what myspace is telling me

Ditto.

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #247 on: June 21, 2007, 11:57:18 PM »
it's Pirates you silly gooses.

Roman815

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 23, 2007, 07:58:36 AM »
it's Pirates you silly gooses.

You've been added on myspace but I won't be in SD until early August.
University of San Diego School of Law Class of 2010!

LSN

gldtiamat

• AOL Instant Messenger - gldtiamat
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 01, 2007, 11:49:06 PM »
So...barring something REALLY unforseen happening...I'll be seeing ya'll at SD.  Btw Fortuita, quick question.  Why did you choose SD over Hastings?  I'm still on their waitlist, though I'm pretty confident that I'll be staying on that waitlist or end up with an eventual rejection.
King Hall (Davis) '10

In: USD $$, Loyola $$, Santa Clara $
WL and Accepted: Davis, Hastings
Out: None