Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USD 2007  (Read 53880 times)

snobord99

Re: USD 2007
« Reply #230 on: June 14, 2007, 05:37:20 PM »
P.S.  sno, can I get a little Concrete Schoolyard up in this mf'er?!

that depends bro...u got original beats w/real live mcs?

you know i do...coupled with playground tactics, no rabbit in a hat tricks...

ahh, u just that classic eh?

snobord99

« Reply #231 on: June 18, 2007, 01:12:10 PM »
so when's everyone coming down to sd?

dsnutter

« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2007, 01:19:23 PM »
I got in yesterday, now I am here forever!

Am I the last person to graduate? My graduation was on Saturday, stoopid public school.

Law9486

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2007, 01:24:48 PM »

Hey sno, did I read somewhere that you completed the write-on? Did you find it horribly painful? I think the only positive was the entertaining questions on westlaw.

snobord99

« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2007, 04:08:18 PM »

Hey sno, did I read somewhere that you completed the write-on? Did you find it horribly painful? I think the only positive was the entertaining questions on westlaw.

it was painful alright...except my pain came from my constantly thinking to myself "finals are over, wtf am i still doing school work for???"

Chippewa to Terero

« Reply #235 on: June 18, 2007, 06:00:55 PM »

Justin and I locked a place down this weekend.....moving into La Mirage July 21st, full time around Aug 1st....then it's a 2-week bender of beach, golf and liver-scarring.

dsnutter

« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2007, 06:11:34 PM »

Justin and I locked a place down this weekend.....moving into La Mirage July 21st, full time around Aug 1st....then it's a 2-week bender of beach, golf and liver-scarring.

La Mirage is a quality place, I liked it there. There are a bunch of SDSU people there, but if you have a unit on the perimiter you will be golden.

yanksfan324

« Reply #237 on: June 18, 2007, 06:32:20 PM »

I'll be down sometime between July 15-20 and moving in officially July 21.  And I can't freakin wait!

mgolper

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #238 on: June 18, 2007, 07:08:55 PM »
then it's a 2-week bender of beach, golf and liver-scarring.

haha.  i'm saving money for a two week san diego vacation before the learning kicks off. "golf, beach, and liver-scarring" was basically what i had in mind for "vacation."  i'll have to find you down there.

i've got to find a place to live and a roommate first but...aug. 1 is when i would ideally expect to be settled in myself.  phasing myself out from work / moving down from L.A. July 23rd - july 31st and hoping to be perm by Aug. 1. i guess i should start working on the roommate and apartment thing. hmm.

i was looking at mission valley as well - what made you decide on la mirage?

yanksfan324

« Reply #239 on: June 18, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »
then it's a 2-week bender of beach, golf and liver-scarring.

haha.  i'm saving money for a two week san diego vacation before the learning kicks off. "golf, beach, and liver-scarring" was basically what i had in mind for "vacation."  i'll have to find you down there.

i've got to find a place to live and a roommate first but...aug. 1 is when i would ideally expect to be settled in myself.  phasing myself out from work / moving down from L.A. July 23rd - july 31st and hoping to be perm by Aug. 1. i guess i should start working on the roommate and apartment thing. hmm.

i was looking at mission valley as well - what made you decide on la mirage?

I was 99% sure I wanted to live in Mission Valley.  The only other consideration was the Village at Morena Vista by USD depending how impressive it was in person.  IMO, it wasn't very impressive at all, especially for the price.  I saw probably every complex in Mission Valley.  Keep in mind they are all within about 3-4 miles of each other, so location was a non-issue.  I loved most of them.  Villa Dorado and La Mirage were easily my favorites.  The Promenade at Rio Vista was sick too, just pricey.  Archstone was nice but overpriced for what you get.  Portofino is beautiful, but I think the most expensive.  Then there was Cambridge Park and Arcadia, both at Stonecrest, which were nice, but not overly impressive for what you pay.  Club River Run is pretty inexpensive, but I was less than impressed when driving through.  I did not take tours of Portofino, Club River Run or Cambridge Park.  I saw enough online or by driving through to know they weren't for me (Portofino solely due to price).

It came down to Villa Dorado and La Mirage, really.  La Mirage has more (and better) amenities than several of the complexes combined.  That's no exaggeration.  They have 5 pools, 7 hot tubs, 5 tennis courts, beach volleyball, a REAL gym, basketball courts and a business center.  No other complex came close.  The apartments at Villa Dorado were hands down the nicest of any I saw.  The amenities were probably 3rd to La Mirage and Promenade, but still very nice.  However, it came with a bigger price tag, about $250/month more, and we figured we'd put that money to better use than some granite countertops.

Note, online if you look at reviews, pretty much all of these places get dumped on.  I wouldn't put too much stock into what you read.  I've spoken to people who live at all the complexes I was seriously considering and have only heard great things.  I guess time will tell.

Anyway, sorry for babbling, I just thought my insight may help those looking for apartments in MV.  I'd be happy to offer websites for the complexes, specific insights and/or price ranges if anyone wants.  Just let me know. 

And I too will be spending the month before classes start to "vacation" in San Diego!