Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USD 2007  (Read 53265 times)

snobord99

Re: USD 2007
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2007, 04:23:21 PM »
btw, if any of you are interested in buying 1L supplements, i'll be selling mine...probably in the $10-15 range each, outlines are mostly gilberts (i think for everything but con law which is emmanuels), i also have e&e for civ pro (4th edition, 5th is the newest, but 4th is still good) and case briefs for the case books (keyed to the specific books)...a little early to post this, but i'm taking a procrastination moment...

USD-2007

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2007, 04:59:06 PM »
1) I have been living in Arizona the last six years, but my official hometown is Moorpark, CA.

2) I am interested in cyber law.  For the last year I have been a legal IT consultant so I am trying to mix my electronic discovery background with a legal education.  I will most likely be working part time as a consultant while going to USD part time.  We will see if it works out =).

3) I would go to Santa Clara if I didn't get into USD.

4) For some reason I am really dreading contracts.  Seems super boring...

5) I am going to my friends lake house in Illinois for a week and I am going to the Dominican Republic to visit a friend in the Peace Corps. 

6) Volleyball, reading, ASU sports, and watching movies.

Chippewa to Terero

« Reply #152 on: May 16, 2007, 06:57:14 PM »
1) Ludington, MI......tiny town with beautiful beaches on Lake Michigan
2) Corporate holds a lot of appeal, and IP as well with my pre-med background
3) Pepperdine was my 2nd choice, out of where I was accepted
4) I agree with other people, I hear K's is super-dry
5) Going to Hawaii for a week....leaving the continental US for the first time....finally!
6) Nude tumbling......sorry Justin, did I not mention that?  :D  Probably working out, running, golfing, checking out the beaches hopefully, definitely some Padres and Chargers games.......mmmmm, I hear there's great restaurants to check out too.

IONLYKNOWY

« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2007, 10:19:18 PM »
1) Dallas, Texas
2) Patent/IP law with some other interests
3) Santa Clara or Denver
4) Legal writing and Research.. due to what I have heard from the other students about the amount of time it requires compared to the number of hours of credit given.
5) Getting married and honeymooning in Ocho Rios Jamaica
6) Exploring San Diego and all that it has to offer!

yanksfan324

« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2007, 03:11:55 PM »
aaaaaahhh!!!  it only took three freaking business days for USD to get back to me about more $$.  f**ck yeah I'm so stoked, thank you USD!

Congrats!  That's awesome!  I went from nada to 16k, but then asked for more (since I had a better offer at another school), but was turned down.  Maybe I should've waited more than a week between requests.

Luckily USD has San Diego on its side.  Couldn't turn down paradise.

dsnutter

« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2007, 05:35:56 PM »
aaaaaahhh!!!  it only took three freaking business days for USD to get back to me about more $$.  f**ck yeah I'm so stoked, thank you USD!

Congrats on the money, Jess. I think all us LSDers who asked, received. Isn't USD just sooo thoguhtful?

IONLYKNOWY

« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2007, 06:26:49 PM »

Congrats on the money, Jess. I think all us LSDers who asked, received. Isn't USD just sooo thoguhtful?

hmm maybe I should ask... although i'm not poor.. and my numbers are.. lets just say it is a miracle that I got in.... So I don't think they would say yes..:(

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2007, 11:44:55 AM »
It never hurts to ask for more money.  The people you ask aren't your professors or even in the Dean's office, so it's not like you'll annoy anyone that will have an impact on you down the road.

And if they say no, they won't take any money away from you.  So you have cash to gain, and nothing to lose.  Never leave money on the table.

---Side discussion, anyone thinking about sticking through an extra year and getting an LL.M?  When I decided to take the full ride at Cal Western, I decided to do an LL.M at USD afterwards (so I can get the snobby first tier paperworks at a fraction of the cost).

DanTheCran

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2007, 02:37:23 PM »
who do you ask when your asking for some money?  I was offered a few scholarships so im hopeing USD will offer something.

kaifactor

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2007, 03:01:05 PM »

Nice work on the money situation. Even though the sticker shock is insane for USD, I'm glad to hear that they are coming through on $. Everyone should definately consider hopping on the money train before they use it all up. Address it to Carl Eging (asst Dean of Admisions and Financial aid).

Steve, one question. Why would you get a LLM at USD? Unless you are going for tax, doing well at Cal Western could probably get you into a program at one of the top 20s. Since you'll already have San Diego connections, you might as well get that snobby paperwork at somewhere with a little more national recognition. Then again, I have no idea what you want to do, so take that with a grain of salt. I'm tossing around the idea of getting an MSRE (real estate), but I'll focus on getting through 1L 1st.

Question for the current SD people. My contract with Cingular expires in June and I really hate Cingular, so am thinking about switching phone companies. Any thoughts on what has the best reception in the area or just in general about the cell companies? Any recs?