Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Seat Deposit is in!  (Read 7251 times)

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Seat Deposit is in!
« on: April 05, 2007, 01:48:40 PM »
Hey All,
    So who else here has committed to St. John's for incoming Fall '07 class? I saw plenty of people at the ASW a few weeks ago... anyone else attend and decide that St. John's was the right choice for them?
Thanks,
Rob
St. John's University School of Law '11
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY

NextL

• View Profile
Re: Seat Deposit is in!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 09:35:36 AM »
I'm in too.  Did you get any financial aid award info yet?

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 10:31:23 AM »
I'm in too.  Did you get any financial aid award info yet?

I'm not actually applying for any financial aid... I was awarded a small scholarship ($5k/yr... not that I'm complaining), but I'm not applying for anything else. I've got corporate tuition assistanceto help with the majority of it, so no loans here.
Rob
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY

ctbeins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 03:33:38 PM »
I called to verify that my seat deposit was in yesterday.  I am now offically committed to St. Js.  I haven't received a fin aid package yet.  But from talking to my admissions counciler it doesn't sound like they give out much money other than there merit scholarships.  Hoorary for loans.

Did either of you guys send in the deposit for the on campus (or unversity owned) housing?  Im wondering how many people will actually apply.

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 03:39:46 PM »
Welcome Aboard! As for the housing, I'm a non-trad PT'er that lives about 20 mins from campus, so I'll be passing on the housing...
Ok, that's 3 of us... where's the rest?  ;D
Rob
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY

ctbeins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 03:50:57 PM »
Has anyone heard from St. Johns in a while?  I never actually received anything from them confirming my seat and housing deposits had been received.  If I hadn't called I would never have known that my checks had gotten there.  I'd really like to hear anything from st. js at this point.

Harvey Birdman - Attorney at Law

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 07:50:04 PM »
congrats guys.  if you have questions about SJU id be glad to help (1L procrastinating before finals)...

ctbeins

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 10:08:05 AM »
Do you live in the campus housing?  Do you know how avaible it is?

Oh yeah, the basic question:  Whats the work load like?  Do you always feel like your being piled with work?  How are things like law review and moot court decided?

MiMi2007

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 11:35:50 AM »
My deposit was confirmed a couple of weeks ago. Now just trying to find a place to stay. I haven't sent in the housing deposit..I still haven't decided whether or not to do the on-campus thing.   

Harvey Birdman - Attorney at Law

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 05:01:54 PM »
Do you live in the campus housing?  Do you know how avaible it is?

Oh yeah, the basic question:  Whats the work load like?  Do you always feel like your being piled with work?  How are things like law review and moot court decided?

Im pretty sure most of St Johns grad housing is off-campus and is available as long as you apply on time.   Someone else might be able to answer that one better than me.

Work load is about what I expected.  When you have a legal writing assignment due, you'll have very little free time, but between assignments, if you work efficient (dont take breaks every 10 minutes) its not so bad.  I have plenty of free time.

As for Law Review, the top 6% grade on (but have to put in a "good faith" effort on the writing competition) and I think about 20 or so are able to write on. You need to be in the top third to be eligible to write on. 

As for Moot Court you need to tryout at one of, I think, 3 competitions.  Not completely sure on that since im a 1L and you dont tryout until 2L.