Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Marquette Prof. Offers Alternative Rankings  (Read 2729 times)

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Marquette Prof. Offers Alternative Rankings
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 07:51:05 PM »
Oh, I have no doubt that some believe it.  I bet you anything that there are a few Cooley 1Ls who show up thinking they attend a top school.

loki13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exterminate all rational thought.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 09:32:16 PM »
Finally, I have evidence of the vast anti-Cooley conspiracy!

A few days ago, I had a reputation of 10 on lsd.org.

I proceeded to make two posts. One was about the students protesting to BigLaw (my response? get off my lawn!)

The other response was to inform everyone of the vast anti-Cooley conspiracy, to drop the veil of ignorance that has been dropped on your eyes by USNews and the new Marquette rankings, and to show the world the glory that is Cooley!

A few days later? The vast anti-Cooley conspiracy has dropped my rep to -4

The truth hurts. Harvard Law may have cool sweatshirts, but Cooley has Library Square Footage, baby! Size matters!

LegalLatin78

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 10:01:50 PM »
Haha!  Well, if you can't beat em, join em?  Transfer Loki!

flames09

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 10:10:25 PM »
i am confused... is it the anti-cooley conspiracy or is it the anti-anti-cooley (pro-cooley?) conspiracy that dropped your rep?

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 10:39:53 PM »
Finally, I have evidence of the vast anti-Cooley conspiracy!

A few days ago, I had a reputation of 10 on lsd.org.

I proceeded to make two posts. One was about the students protesting to BigLaw (my response? get off my lawn!)

The other response was to inform everyone of the vast anti-Cooley conspiracy, to drop the veil of ignorance that has been dropped on your eyes by USNews and the new Marquette rankings, and to show the world the glory that is Cooley!

A few days later? The vast anti-Cooley conspiracy has dropped my rep to -4

The truth hurts. Harvard Law may have cool sweatshirts, but Cooley has Library Square Footage, baby! Size matters!

I confess... I have started a grass roots campaign to destroy your reputation score!!!! 

- however, so far no one has joined my campaign and I am too lazy to defame you.
pudding is delightful

loki13

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 10:44:57 PM »
Heck yeah, I'm transferring...

I can't get me enough of that part-time faculty action!

WHERE IS YOUR GO... RANKING NOW?

Cooley... all your ranking are belong to us!

LegalLatin78

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 11:05:59 PM »
I would pay to be there when you ask the dean for a letter of good standing for your Harvard to Cooley transfer.

loki13

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 03:56:58 PM »
I have an announcement....

while all the anti-Cooley h8ters on this board have dropped my ranking 14 points in a few days, the new, revised, Cooley Reputation Rankings have been released!

Compare:
Loki13 reputation according to lsd.org: -4
Loki13 reputation according to Cooley Ranking System: +982

That settles it! My reputation pwns all of you! Not even a cooley h8ters like Brewha can defame me now. In the interest of disclosure, the following variables went into my Cooley ranking:

1. Amount of time I spend aggravating people with bad Ron Jeremy avatars.
2. Number of times I invoke modern  3rd amendment jurisprudence when I get into arguments with fellow posters.
3. Percentage of minority opinions that I have.
4. Brain-wattage/argumentativeness ratio.
5. Number of law school supplements purchased and never read.
6. Total square footage of my desk.
7. Successful bowl movements to number of times I had to employ a long-arm statute to get toilet paper in the law school library.
8. Number of times I said, "That's lex loci delicious!" when choosing my food in the cafeteria.

To reiterate, there is some element of subjectivity in the Cooley Reputation system, as there is in any reputation system, and I urge all viewers of my posts to determine my reputation based upon the criteria you believe best encapsulate my uselessness to you.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 04:25:42 PM »

while all the anti-Cooley h8ters on this board have dropped my ranking 14 points in a few days, the new, revised, Cooley Reputation Rankings have been released!

Compare:

That settles it! My reputation pwns all of you! Not even a cooley h8ters like Brewha can defame me now. In the interest of disclosure, the following variables went into my Cooley ranking:

2. Number of times I invoke modern  3rd amendment jurisprudence when I get into arguments with fellow posters.
7. Successful bowl movements to number of times I had to employ a long-arm statute to get toilet paper in the law school library.
8. Number of times I said, "That's lex loci delicious!" when choosing my food in the cafeteria.

To reiterate, there is some element of subjectivity in the Cooley Reputation system, as there is in any reputation system, and I urge all viewers of my posts to determine my reputation based upon the criteria you believe best encapsulate my uselessness to you.

Hahahahaha. Highly credited. Well done.
Air Force JAG Corps

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 11:08:53 AM »

Compare:

"Number of times I said, 'That's lex loci delicious!" ...    HAHAHAh

That line made me lose the one member I had in my cooley h8ter group that is hell-bent on wrecking your reputation score!  Curse you. 
pudding is delightful