Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Phoenix School of Law  (Read 48119 times)

azirish

• View Profile
    • Email
Phoenix School of Law
« on: April 01, 2007, 04:07:28 PM »
Phoenix School of Law - Any info/input would be appreciated.  Thanks.

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
Re: Phoenix School of Law
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 10:18:44 AM »
What do you want to know?  They have their goals set pretty high. I know that they are looking towards becoming accredited or at least provisionally this year and that they actually teach you the law so that you can actual leave and know how to practice
UMiami c/o 2010

azirish

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 10:24:01 PM »
A few questions:

How is the school viewed by the Phoneix legal community?

What are the job prospects/summer prospects for attendees who are at the top of their class?

Any info on the faculty?

What does the recent moot court 2nd place finish really mean?  Is the school that good that it can beat clearly better schools?

Thanks in advance.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 10:50:58 PM »
What are the job prospects/summer prospects for attendees who are at the top of their class?

How naive of you to think that you will be at the top of your class. 

What does the recent moot court 2nd place finish really mean?  Is the school that good that it can beat clearly better schools?

It means nothing; those are people's individual effort and achievements. Do you know that Harvard, Yale, Stanford, and other top 10 law schools rarely ranked at the top of these competitions.  There you have your answers. 

pistolpete23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 06:37:27 PM »

I believe they came in second at the Gibbons Crim Procedure Moot Court event at Seton Hall.

Looks like they're an up and coming Tier 4 powerhouse.

bluehorse

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 02:54:05 PM »
We received our ABA accreditation, so our graduates will be able to take bar exams.  As I am on the staff here, anything else I say should be viewed with some suspicion.

Ted McClure
Public Services Librarian

emgray08

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 07:23:09 PM »
I will be attending at Phoenix this fall.  I think they will be a tier 4, but they seem to be well organized and I have spoken to some 2L's who have really enjoyed the school.  We will see...
"The good lawyer is not the man who has an eye to every side and angle of contingency, and qualifies all his qualifications, but who throws himself on your part so heartily, that he can get you out of a scrape."-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Worked too hard to be disappointed with June 29th score...

lalaaz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 12:37:38 PM »
Anyone have any updates on Phoenix School of Law? If anyone is attending, how do you like it?

Scott_in_AZ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 05:46:51 PM »
@lalaaz
I am in my third semsester at PhoenixLaw and have been very satisfied.  I work full time, so this was the only option available in Arizona, but I have had no regrets.

It is a new school and growing, so there are associated pai

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 11:57:48 PM »
We received our ABA accreditation, so our graduates will be able to take bar exams.  As I am on the staff here, anything else I say should be viewed with some suspicion.

Ted McClure
Public Services Librarian

Sir,

According to your law school's website, you are only provisionally approved by ABA and not fully accredited.  I think this is an important point that needs recognition.  As such, your statements are slightly misleading.

That being said, I did my research on the school and it doesn't look half bad except the accreditation thing which is still significantly better then many law schools.

Sincerely,

concerned law student

ps. if you have any pull at the school at all, you may want to work on getting the name changed.  It sounds way too much like university of phoenix online which in itself may lead students to be hesitant of the quality of education.